Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-14-2012, 10:01 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Oz pentaxian - K-30 white body no immediate stocks?

Dear ozzies pentaxians, I have placed an order with Digidirect for a White K-30 body only and they told me that the camera is only expected after 3 weeks (or more). Just want to know where did you guys order your white K-30?

Thanks

08-15-2012, 12:28 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Contact CR Kennedy they are the local importer. They tweeted some weeks back that the white body was in the country.

Ow.ly - image uploaded by @PentaxAustralia (Pentax Australia)

This link is the announcement, unless they have sold them all.
08-15-2012, 01:13 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks AussieTrev.....Digidirect told me they called up CRK and they were told the earliest to get any white body is 3 weeks. Expect delays.
08-15-2012, 02:56 AM   #4
Veteran Member

I was after the blue body, but gave up and took a black, well my wife did it is her camera. She said that the colour doesn't make that much difference, it just holds the camera, it is the camera being used by the operator that takes the photos. I have to agree, but I would have loved her to have that cool blue body, what pose factor.

08-15-2012, 03:35 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
oddly enough the K-30 is also for my wife but she specifically said she does not want black but white So I have to fulfill that request.
08-16-2012, 01:36 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Just for a quick update, this is what Digidirect says in their email to me...

Your order XXXXXX has been changed to Awaiting Product Delivery

Comments:
Thank you for your order! Due to the Pentax K30 - White being a popular product, our suppliers have indicated a minimum wait time of approximately 5-10 working days for stock availability. This is a common occurrence for high demand products and we are working closely together with our Australian wholesalers to secure your stock as soon as possible. Your patience is appreciated. For further information, please contact us on 1300 889 148 or email us sales@digidirect.com.au

So assuming CRK has the camera ready in 10 days, add another 6 days to deliver the camera from Sydney to Perth, we are talking about 3 weeks or so lead time....

But the good thing to know is that the K30 IS a popular camera
08-16-2012, 01:48 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Ring CR Kennedy direct and ask, either that or tweet @pentaxaustrlia, thats how I found out that the black should have been available and hence had it in no time flat. the power of tweeter.