09-02-2012, 10:04 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by PinkFloyd Quote
hi i got my k-30 1 week ago but i cand do af when recording video

i checked all forums and i checked all adjust i cant do autofocus at the video

is it a hardware problem or software problem
It's not a hardware or software problem, the camera is not designed to autofocus during video, just before you start recording.
09-02-2012, 10:27 PM   #3

QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
[...] the camera is not designed to autofocus during video, just before you start recording.
Are you sure? My K-30 hasn't arrived yet, but I was under the impression that AF during video worked (just not very well), as showcased by some youtube video tests.
09-02-2012, 10:59 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by c-meier Quote
Are you sure? My K-30 hasn't arrived yet, but I was under the impression that AF during video worked (just not very well), as showcased by some youtube video tests.
With my little experience in shooting video on the K-30 and what I have read, no it does not. I also can not find in the manual where it does, by the way, you can get the searchable pdf manual at the Pentax website. I am pretty sure focus peaking will work during video recording. but that is a focus confirmation tool. Hopefully someone who has used the video more can chime in. The video shooting was not a factor in my buying the camera, but a bonus.

09-02-2012, 11:34 PM - 1 Like   #5

I have the K-30. You have AF during video recording, but you have to use the AF-button to activate it. Focus peeking does not work during video, unfortunately as that would be much more useful than noisy AF.