Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-12-2012, 11:06 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by GlennG Quote
Those are so different that I'm wondering if it is actually supposed to be a different color. Or maybe the angle of some light source is making this appear that different. Is that a wild orange one nearby?

Magkelly - that is a gorgeous color! Maybe you could just buy a black one, mask it off, and get a can of spray paint! It is sealed, you know!
Each camera comes in a matt or gloss finish, and yeah thats a matt orange one.

09-13-2012, 02:40 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Whilst we're on the topic:

09-13-2012, 02:42 AM - 1 Like   #18
Veteran Member

And:

09-13-2012, 02:43 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Finally:

09-13-2012, 03:35 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
So how much are you selling these coloured ones for, Mickey?

Regards
09-13-2012, 05:05 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Mickey,

Thanks, your photos really help me see the different colors because they were taken in a real life setting not a studio. Appreciate your posting them.
09-13-2012, 06:46 PM   #22

I LOOOOVE the white and yellow matte cameras.
09-14-2012, 10:01 AM   #23
Forum Member

Thanks for posting those; I like a lot of them, but I love the matte blue. The glossy are pretty, but a bad choice from a photography standpoint, IMO. I know it would be a rare occurance, but I don't want to risk any glare or reflections from my camera potentially affecting the photo I'm taking.

09-14-2012, 12:39 PM   #24
Veteran Member

I can't believe that the OP hasn't replaced her signature icon with the red camera's image
09-14-2012, 02:38 PM   #25
Veteran Member

The matte yellow and orange ones are awesome. Looks like sports gear.

Those colors might be useful actually if you lose your camera in the grass/snow/whatever.
09-14-2012, 03:17 PM   #26
Forum Member

The image display problem is caused by a recent Flash update. Here's a link that explains the problem and how to fix it.

Is Mozilla aware of the problem with Protected Mode in Flash? | Firefox Support Forum | Firefox Help
09-15-2012, 12:02 AM   #27

Wow! I wish we had the matte color options in the US. I love the matte green and orange bodies. I would have loved something with a little color, but the glossy blue or white just didn't do it for me, which is why I went for black. I guess its time to start saving for another k30 body, and make some friends overseas.
09-15-2012, 12:19 AM   #28
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
I can't believe that the OP hasn't replaced her signature icon with the red camera's image
Actually my original version of this avatar was an animated gif that flashed from the black version to the red version and back again with different colors. The red lipstick color and the red stripes they changed to green then back to red so that the black camera had both a red thing going on and a green thing going on, and the red camera had the black and red. It doesn't work on the forum, alas. I settled for black because I thought the red lipstick, red stripes thing worked better with the forum colors I am using, but I do have the green and black and green and red parts of the gif somewhere and I just may change off once in a while, use both. Heck, I might even use them to make versions for Halloween and Christmas, who knows, laugh.
09-15-2012, 01:10 AM   #29

QuoteOriginally posted by Lupine Quote
The glossy are pretty, but a bad choice from a photography standpoint, IMO. I know it would be a rare occurance, but I don't want to risk any glare or reflections from my camera potentially affecting the photo I'm taking.
So that's why the bokeh is all messed up in this image. It's glare from my metallic blue K30!
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
09-15-2012, 03:49 AM   #30
Veteran Member

For those pining for a color of K-30 that is not sold locally, try WhteRabbit.Com, they'll buy it in Japan and ship it to you. They will also give you a free quote so you can know what it will cost.