Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-13-2012, 05:06 AM   #1

K-30 blue: paint resistance & durability

This is certainly not a technical question but I'm undecided between a black k-30 that i find more "pro" and standard (maybe too much) and a blue k-30 that for me is more beauty but appears more playful...

But a so bright & shining color like the k-30 blue it does not degrade over time?
I'm afraid that after using it a bit I will find my camera looking horrible due to the color degrade (as some phones with chromed plastic after few months.

Have you experienced this with other coloured DSLR?

Thank You

09-13-2012, 06:05 AM   #2
Veteran Member

I haven't handled the K-30 myself, so I can't vouch for it, but I can say that other Pentax models that have come in bright colours (red and white K-x/K-r) do hold their colour and appearance very well. I doubt Pentax would want to change that reputation now.
09-13-2012, 06:50 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Do yourself a favour and get your head out of the "black is pro" box.
09-13-2012, 01:46 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My (Navy) K-x and ("Metal Chocolate"=Brown) K-r have not had any problems with fading. I just bought a Crystal Blue K-30.

The one time I got hassled by security because of my "professional" camera, it was my K100D with the kit lens. What a joke. That was when I started thinking about the merits of non-black cameras. Since I do a lot of shooting in museums where a bright-colored camera might show up in reflections off glass cases, I prefer the darker colors.

-Todd

09-13-2012, 03:06 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I have a black K-x for convenience, so I don't know how the color models are, but I believe it's not a coat of paint, the plastic itself is colored. That means scratches or such won't look odd because the paint doesn't fall off.