Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 47 Likes Search this Thread
10-20-2012, 02:49 PM   #121
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RyanW Quote
I wonder how long people could survive. That's five degrees above the boiling point.
It is all in the lack of humidity and heat transfer from the air to your skin. Throw a ladle of water on them rocks and the dynamics change really fast. 10 minutes used to be my limit, before having to get out and roll in the snow or jump in the lake to cool off before getting back in.
The competition bathers would turn up the the heat even higher.World Sauna Championships - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cheers.

Last edited by Ex Finn.; 10-20-2012 at 03:00 PM.
10-20-2012, 02:59 PM   #122
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
You know what amazes me about this thread? The title actually uses the word ass which apparently is perfectly legal but the word ***** (male reproductive organ) usually gets censored out? LOL. Watch, it will all be little stars. Hmm, how about ****** (female reproductive organ) does that get censored too? Yup. Apparently so, but not ass, evidently....That's too funny....
10-20-2012, 03:24 PM   #123
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It must be the lack of my command of the English language... ASS is a Donkey, correct?.
Where the other words do not have an alternative meaning except for a former presidents first name, just curious.
10-24-2012, 07:49 PM   #124

Spent two hours with K30 + 18-135 WR (TaV + AFC+ high speed shooting mode) they seem OK under heavy splash. Well K30 freeze one time and the shutter keep fire even when the power is off . Release the battery and put back in... everything back to normal. No sign of water in LCD or VF.

10-25-2012, 10:12 AM   #125
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by silverelantra Quote
Spent two hours with K30 + 18-135 WR (TaV + AFC+ high speed shooting mode) they seem OK under heavy splash. Well K30 freeze one time and the shutter keep fire even when the power is off . Release the battery and put back in... everything back to normal. No sign of water in LCD or VF.

I don't think that problem had anything to do with water. It happened to me a couple of weeks ago shooting racing cars on a sunny day (although it did rain heavily later in the day). I missed a few good shots. Incidentally although it was shooting away it apparently wasn't actually recording any images.

Coincidentally (or perhaps not) I was using the same lens and mode as you were (TaV continuous AF and high speed shooting). I was using the expanded AF tracking and recording in RAW+jpeg.

I suspect it is just some software issue. I've just seen in another thread that the first firmware update has been released - who knows, maybe this is one of the issues it tackles.
10-30-2012, 12:05 AM   #126
Veteran Member

I wouldn't think having water between the display and the glass is a good thing. My *istDs was fine for a while after shooting under heavy rain. Then the control dial started to go wrong. At least I'd check with Pentax what can be done about this, because it shouldn't happen.
10-30-2012, 05:22 PM   #127
Veteran Member

Apparently this guy was asked by Pentax Canada to make this video. If you can read very fast it clearly says "WATER PROOF" at the end of it.

11-03-2012, 12:29 PM   #128
Veteran Member

But that camera survived, as did many other cameras that were put under running tap water (you can find many videos of this and it turns out okay). Or is someone claiming that the cameras in those ads were somehow treated to be more waterproof?
The OP just had terrible luck.
11-07-2012, 05:24 PM   #129
Forum Member

Well, just my 2 cents.

Today, I ended up doing this test from Portugal.. This is no trick and no video editing.. After this, I ended up going to a party and took more than 40 pictures.. Camera is as it was before the bath.. I guess the OP really had a defective camera (or lens)

Zorza
11-09-2012, 06:44 PM   #130
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by zorza Quote
Well, just my 2 cents.

Today, I ended up doing this test from Portugal.. This is no trick and no video editing.. After this, I ended up going to a party and took more than 40 pictures.. Camera is as it was before the bath.. I guess the OP really had a defective camera (or lens)

k 30 - YouTube

Zorza
Nice video, no doubt that the K30 can take it and keep shooting. Thank you for sharing.
11-10-2012, 03:58 AM - 1 Like   #131
Forum Member

Well, just to add that last night, I went on a photographic walk with 2 friends..

It was about 2:00AM and it started raining pretty hard.. The Canon 7D was the first to run for the car fallowed by the Canon 550.. Guess who spent almost 15 minutes under hevy rain taking pictures without any problem??? The other aproched with an umbrella, but without the cameras

Let me tell you, this cameras have some eally good weather sealing!!!

Zorza
11-10-2012, 07:18 AM   #132
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by zorza Quote
Well, just to add that last night, I went on a photographic walk with 2 friends..

It was about 2:00AM and it started raining pretty hard.. The Canon 7D was the first to run for the car fallowed by the Canon 550.. Guess who spent almost 15 minutes under hevy rain taking pictures without any problem??? The other aproched with an umbrella, but without the cameras

Let me tell you, this cameras have some eally good weather sealing!!!

Zorza
That, or some crazy users
11-10-2012, 09:32 AM   #133
Pentaxian

"Pentax: causing more pneumonia than any other brand!"

Just because you *can* stay out in the rain doesn't mean you have to...
11-10-2012, 09:55 AM   #134
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

If water can get in, then water can get out. I suspect that if that little bit of water being splashed on it got in, it will likely evaporate out over time.
This is, however, another example of the trend of manufactures using the end consumer as their QC department.
11-10-2012, 02:09 PM   #135
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
If water can get in, then water can get out. I suspect that if that little bit of water being splashed on it got in, it will likely evaporate out over time.
This is, however, another example of the trend of manufactures using the end consumer as their QC department.
"Trend"? I don't think so, really. Manufacturers these days don't do 100% checks on all aspects of a product, and they haven't done for a very long time, particularly since Deming's success in the rebuilding of Japanese industry after WW2.

They control processes very tightly and use sampling techniques to validate their set manufacturing tolerances. By definition, that means a small number of defects will inevitably get through (why else would they need warranties?). Unforeseen defects like the famous sensor stains in the early K-5s can strike, of course, but nothing but 100% checking in the field over time and in all possible situations will reveal those types of faults. You wouldn't want to pay for a product that was tested in that way, unless you were NASA or very wealthy.