Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-24-2012, 02:10 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Selective Focus Point Question

I am new to Pentax and have went through the manual trying to find the solution, but I think I am missing something, or it just cant be done.

When I am in selective Focus Point and need to adjust white balance, ISO, Timer or flash on the back 4 way control button, I can't, I have to click info bring up the quick menu and change it to some other focus selection like: auto 11, auto 5, to get to my wb, iso, flash, timer button options.

is there another way around this?

I tried to see if the RAW/FX or the Green button would let me assign them to any of the four button controls, but I dont see it/understand it.

thanks

09-24-2012, 02:34 PM - 2 Likes   #2
Pentaxian

Click and hold the center button on the 4-way control until the red focus select point goes white/grey. No w you can use the 4-way as usual. Press and hold again to revert to selecting focus points.
09-24-2012, 02:46 PM   #3

Newmikey - Ohhh, a big thanks for that...!

I wanted to be able to move the point around - set it for that - then the 4-way seemed 'locked' - even after "pressing OK".... Press AND Hold - until it indicates! Works nicely, thanks!

Regards, Dave.
09-24-2012, 02:59 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Was just wondering about the same thing myself, and there is the answer... Thanks!

09-24-2012, 03:07 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by newmikey Quote
Click and hold the center button on the 4-way control until the red focus select point goes white/grey. No w you can use the 4-way as usual. Press and hold again to revert to selecting focus points.

thank you- thank you- thank you so so so much, i am so very happy thank you again, I love my camera even more then i did yesterday !!!
09-25-2012, 12:20 AM   #6

you can also set the RAW/FX button to toggle the AF selector.
09-25-2012, 01:48 AM   #7

Maybe i can add my problem/irritation?
Is there anyway I can switch on without the status screen appearing or alternatively reduce the on-time to 0.1sec instead of the default 1 sec - sometimes its irritating and other times its ok but the best is without the illumination below my eye?
For the rest I am extremely happy.
George
09-25-2012, 04:03 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by georgecape Quote
Is there anyway I can switch on without the status screen appearing
If the K-30 is anything like the K-x or K-5, merely turning the status screen off (via cycling the INFO button until the status screen is no llonger visible), and then turning the camera OFF and then ON again, should mean the camera will remember that the status screen was left off at shutdown, and the status screen will no longer appear at camera startup.

09-25-2012, 10:34 PM   #9
jup
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by georgecape Quote
Maybe i can add my problem/irritation?
Is there anyway I can switch on without the status screen appearing or alternatively reduce the on-time to 0.1sec instead of the default 1 sec - sometimes its irritating and other times its ok but the best is without the illumination below my eye?
For the rest I am extremely happy.
George
Go to Memory in Rec. Mode 4 and check "Shooting info display" (p. 215 in Manual). This will remember selected info display, otherwise, it resets itself on power off.

Then go to status screen, press INFO twice and select Display Off on the second screen (p. 27 in the manual). Voila, your LCD is now off and will stay off if you turn camera off and on again. It will still turn on if you change some settings, for instant preview etc.
09-27-2012, 01:54 AM   #10

Voila! - thks guys - what a magic forum!