Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
10-01-2012, 12:18 PM   #16

This is infact a very weird story. The reaction from that sales guy is normal I think, haha.
The Nikon D600 is really a very tempting buy.
I know I would have gotten the D600 if I am not so keen on the WR feature on my Pentax.

10-01-2012, 12:40 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Good for you. I think the most important thing, when it comes to gear, is for it to be comfortable to use. Size of sensor is not as important as that. So often, people focus on sensor size and end up leaving their gear at home most of the time, because it just is too clunky and uncomfortable to use.
10-01-2012, 02:04 PM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
So often, people focus on sensor size and end up leaving their gear at home most of the time, because it just is too clunky and uncomfortable to use.
A big plus to that. Even with my light and compact Pentax gear, when I am about to walk out the door for some casual shooting, I often ask myself: do I really want to carry this K-5 plus lenses and spare battery and hoods and SD cards and lenspen and camera bag... Everything that makes that decision process easier improves the odds of you going out, taking photos, and enjoying your camera.
10-01-2012, 02:21 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by wildboar Quote
Franky, you mentioned the OVF and that brings up another point I noticed about the D600 (and maybe all FF DSLRs). I was expecting the viewfinder in the D600 to be more like my film cameras (I love looking through those old viewfinders), but it seemed much smaller. Larger than the K5, yes, but nothing like the old Minolta or Canon film cameras. That took a little wind out of my full-frame sails. It may be a magnification issue, but I haven't looked into it yet. At some point I'll go full-frame, and the D600 seems like the best way to go right now (for me). Since the D600 wouldn't be going on the trail with me anyways, I'm still trying to keep things small for now.
Interesting point...I wonder if it has to do with an AF sensor stealing some of the light. Reason I am thinking that may be the cause is because my ME has probably the bightest VF i have used. But my other film camera, a ZX-5, has a much darker VF. I am wondering if it is because the ME is all manual focus (no AF sensor leeching some of the light) where as the ZX-5 is AF.

Maybe I am way off base.

10-01-2012, 03:02 PM   #20

QuoteOriginally posted by wildboar Quote
...but I haven't looked into it yet....
:^)

Joe
10-01-2012, 07:49 PM   #21

QuoteOriginally posted by misbehave Quote
The Nikon D600 is really a very tempting buy.
With all the switchers (not just from Pentax), will premium Nikon out of production used glass become as hard to acquire as Pentax's.

Last edited by pz1fan; 10-01-2012 at 07:51 PM. Reason: adjective
10-01-2012, 08:07 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pz1fan Quote
With all the switchers (not just from Pentax), will premium Nikon out of production used glass become as hard to acquire as Pentax's.
I think it nearly impossible now to find Used top of the line Nikon glass. Since the D700 fx came out demand really increased for fx lenses. Now that I think about this, what happens to all the FA lenses if Pentax/ Ricoh launch a fx body. What if they decide a new mount is necssary to accomodate SR on fx?...yikes!

10-02-2012, 03:47 AM   #23
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Franky2step Quote
I think it nearly impossible now to find Used top of the line Nikon glass. Since the D700 fx came out demand really increased for fx lenses. Now that I think about this, what happens to all the FA lenses if Pentax/ Ricoh launch a fx body. What if they decide a new mount is necssary to accomodate SR on fx?...yikes!
I don't think there is any way the K mount would go away for a full frame camera. The mount would be most likely to change for mirrorless options, which to this point have all been smaller sensored cameras and even there, other than the Q, Pentax has stuck with the k mount (K 01 may be a dead end though)...