Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-04-2012, 03:20 PM   #1

Getting a K-30 sooner than planned.

Due to my incredible carelessness in not checking that my camera backpack was fully zipped my K200 got 'flung' out when quickly removing the bag off of my shoulder. After a drop of about 4 feet onto the pavement the mode dial was dented, scraped and only operational in about 3/4 of the modes and a new to me rattle from somewhere inside the body. I checked with the nearest authorized Pentax repair centre and it appears repairs (if possible) will cost more than the value of the camera.

Dropped into my local Pentax dealer who has the K-30's available and can also access some new/old stock K-r's. In doing some comparisons I have decided to go with the K-30 and will pick it up tomorrow. Hopefully it won't be too great a leap from the K200.

A cautionary note for everyone to watch out for their camera gear.

Regards

10-04-2012, 04:17 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by bluenose Quote
Due to my incredible carelessness in not checking that my camera backpack was fully zipped my K200 got 'flung' out when quickly removing the bag off of my shoulder. After a drop of about 4 feet onto the pavement the mode dial was dented, scraped and only operational in about 3/4 of the modes and a new to me rattle from somewhere inside the body. I checked with the nearest authorized Pentax repair centre and it appears repairs (if possible) will cost more than the value of the camera.

Dropped into my local Pentax dealer who has the K-30's available and can also access some new/old stock K-r's. In doing some comparisons I have decided to go with the K-30 and will pick it up tomorrow. Hopefully it won't be too great a leap from the K200.

A cautionary note for everyone to watch out for their camera gear.

Regards
I think you will find the k30 a good choice.
10-04-2012, 04:36 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That is unfortunate, but things happen...

Look at the bright side though, the K-30 is a great camera and I'm sure you will enjoy it.
10-04-2012, 05:21 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bluenose Quote
Hopefully it won't be too great a leap from the K200.
It will be agreat leap, but in a good way, just as easy to use, faster AF, lower light capability, on & on. You will love it!

10-04-2012, 05:24 PM   #5

Original Poster
"I think you will find the k30 a good choice."

"That is unfortunate, but things happen...
Look at the bright side though, the K-30 is a great camera and I'm sure you will enjoy it."

I am looking forward to the many features in the K-30 that I didn't have in the K200. The extra bonus is that my wife felt as badly or worse than I did and gave me her blessing for the purchase .

Regards
10-04-2012, 09:34 PM   #6
Inactive Account

sorry to hear about your other camera. Have tons of fun with your new K-30
10-04-2012, 09:51 PM   #7
Forum Member

Aw man! That's a nightmare scenario for my K-30. Sorry to hear that your old camera took a dive.

However, I think you'll fall in love with the K-30 - I am. I jokingly(somewhat) call her my other baby - the first being my dog.

A good reminder to take extra special precautions for overly expensive camera paraphenalia.