Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-12-2012, 07:23 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Actually TAv is also available on the K-01.

Put it on manual mode. set an aperture and set a shutter speed. set ISO to auto ISO.

U will see a TAv sign on the LCD screen.

10-12-2012, 08:35 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by raider Quote
Actually TAv is also available on the K-01.

Put it on manual mode. set an aperture and set a shutter speed. set ISO to auto ISO.

U will see a TAv sign on the LCD screen.
I heard the difference is that "Auto ISO in M" feature on the K-01 does not accommodate Ev compensation. Can you confirm?
10-12-2012, 08:57 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by audiobomber Quote
I heard the difference is that "Auto ISO in M" feature on the K-01 does not accommodate Ev compensation. Can you confirm?
Hi Dan, yes. the K-01 in manual mode does not allow u to set the EV compensation, and this is regardless whether the iso is set to a fixed value or set to float. So in a true sense, this is not a 100% implementation of the TAv mode in K-30 and K-7/5 I guess but nevertheless, the sign "TAv" is still shown on the LCD screen and it functions not that bad really in actual use.
10-13-2012, 04:36 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by raider Quote
Hi Dan, yes. the K-01 in manual mode does not allow u to set the EV compensation, and this is regardless whether the iso is set to a fixed value or set to float.
Still a handy feature, and wouldn't be as big an issue as with a DSLR, because the K-01 is not a camera for action, sports, wildlife shooting.

I need to dial in -0.5 Ev any time I mount my Kenko PZ 1.5X teleconverter, and I commonly use TAv mode when I shoot tele. I have no idea why the TC causes the camera to meter hot, but a few others have noted the same thing with their copy.

10-14-2012, 06:51 AM   #20
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I really like the TAv setting for dark areas (I always shoot in raw). Here's an example from Friday when I was in a woods where it was pretty dark. I used TAv setting of 1/400, f8, and auto ISO at 1-6400, I did this to try tp push the ISO. Even after PP there is some noise, usable to me for my collection since I did not have a photo of the species.

Full Size Original, no PP:

Cropped Original, no PP:

Cropped with PP: