Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-18-2012, 03:50 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
L-bracket for the K-30?

Does anyone make an L-bracket specific to the K-30? I've got the Kirk L-bracket designed for the K-7 and K-5, but have not seen anyone that makes a custom fit for the K-30 (and don't know how well the Kirk bracket will fit that form factor).

I have seen the modular brackets that can be adjusted to fit any camera, but to me they look too bulky and not particularly well made or something I would want to leave (more or less) permanently attached to the camera.

10-18-2012, 08:04 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Since the K-30 is still fairly new it's going to be a while before you see one, if ever.
10-27-2012, 09:25 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Answered my own question: the Kirk L-plate for the K7/K5 fits the K-30 pretty well. Needs to be offset a little to the right to leave room to get the battery compartment open, but fits the K-30 pretty well. I use it with a camdapter hand strap on the right and a neck strap on the right (that hangs camera vertically when around my neck), but there's still plenty of room. Originally had the lower neck strap affixed midpoint to the L-plate (as in top photos) but that threw the level off, so had to move it to the corner (in the last pic). Works pretty well; could probably get similar results with other L-plates made for the K5/K7 body.

07-24-2014, 09:59 AM   #4
Site Supporter

But it does not look like a good fit. The vertical arm does not make contact with the camera body, so there is no 'grip' and it would easily twist away. Same issue I am struggling with. The issue as I am sure you know by now, is without a rigid lock on to the camera body, trying to swivel the camera left or right means the camera swivels inside the bracket giving you an unpredictable, unrepeatable slanted angle. Or that in vertical mode with a heavy lens setup, the camera slowly tilts down under its own weight.

So I am still looking -- anyone got a better L-Bracket solution for K30 please?