Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-10-2012, 10:59 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Green button and Takumars

Hello, I hope someone can tell me what I am doing wrong, or it is just the way it is on the K-30. I have a few M lenses and several Takumars. In Manual mode, I've got the green button set to do Tv shift, so when I set the aperture, press the green button, it will select a shutter speed. It works great on my M lenses, but it will not work on my takumars (the one I am working with is a SMC Tak, 28mm f3.5). I press the green button and it will set it to 1/2000, regardless of where I am pointing the camera. Out a bright window, 1/2000, inside a dark room, 1/2000. I change the ISO and it will change the shutter speed a bit, but will not vary the selection when pointing at different light sources. I do the same thing on my K-x with the same settings and lenses, and it works fine. I used to use the green button on my K200D and K100D (before it was a dedicated button) in the same way, and they all worked the same as the K-x.

Does anyone have a K-30 and screw-mount lenses that have used the green button with Tv shift? How does it work for you?

Thanks in advance for any insight you can give me with this.

Matt

11-10-2012, 11:15 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Reset your green button mapping and everything should work!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

11-10-2012, 05:00 PM   #3
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Hi Adam,

Thanks for your help with this. I did some testing and found:
-- Manual green button works for M: lenses.
-- It doesn't for screw-mounts. If you have auto-ISO on, the camera goes into Av mode (the mode is displayed on the top-left of the LCD). If not, the green button doesn't work.
-- But, the one really cool thing I found is, in Av mode (selected on top dial to Av), the camera meters screw-mount lenses fully, without having to use the green button to meter. The exposure changes as you change the aperture and light intensity, just like normal aperture-priority cameras. The only difference is with a screw-mount is, of course, you don't have open-aperture metering - you have the lens aperture set to manual.

This is great! It is so much more convenient to have full metering without having to use the green-button.

Matt