Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-15-2012, 02:37 PM   #1

Pentax K-30 body noise?

Hello all,
Just a quick question to verify this before I have it checked out...

Just received a new K-30 replacing my K200D and noticed that when I gently shake the body (with or without a lens attached) there are some "loose part" sounds coming from the body as if there were some small LEGO parts bouncing around inside...The camera functions correctly, however. Damn nice pics, BTW.

Before I go see a pyschiatrist about my symetrical perfectionist problems, could this simply be the intended construction and anchoring engineering of the internal mechanisms, including the SR for the CMOS sensor?

Has anyone else experienced the same noises and been curious about this?

Appreciate your comments!
Kind regards,
David Paris

11-15-2012, 02:42 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yup, this is normal because of the way SR works. There are dozens of threads on the topic

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/general-technical-troubleshooting/94122-b...lr-camera.html

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-15-2012, 02:50 PM   #3

Original Poster
Ok thanks! Just checking to see if everyone was paying attention! No further responses needed. Thanks again.