Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-08-2012, 01:39 PM   #1

K30 Date and Time resets to default

Hello, I am new and have just introduced myself in the welcome forum. I have a question about my new K30. I have reset the date and time several times. I have removed the batter and memory card and reinserted, but still no go. I defaults back to the original. Is there something I am missing in settings? I own several cameras and never had this problem. I hope it is an easy fix. Thank you, Deb

12-08-2012, 01:45 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by debkim Quote
Hello, I am new and have just introduced myself in the welcome forum. I have a question about my new K30. I have reset the date and time several times. I have removed the batter and memory card and reinserted, but still no go. I defaults back to the original. Is there something I am missing in settings? I own several cameras and never had this problem. I hope it is an easy fix. Thank you, Deb
Could be that the internal battery has run dry, though that's fairly unlikely for a camera this new...

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

12-08-2012, 01:55 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Could be that the internal battery has run dry, though that's fairly unlikely for a camera this new...
Hi Adam, OK, that makes sense because this was a demo model. I just got off the phone with the seller and they are ordering me a new body and will exchange when it arrives. Thanks for the tip, as that is what gave me the leverage. Deb
12-08-2012, 08:54 PM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by debkim Quote
Hi Adam, OK, that makes sense because this was a demo model. I just got off the phone with the seller and they are ordering me a new body and will exchange when it arrives. Thanks for the tip, as that is what gave me the leverage. Deb
When you have entered the date format, date and time you have to finish off by going down to "Settings Complete" and press OK or they won't remain.

Regards Frank

12-09-2012, 04:44 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by fkirby41 Quote
When you have entered the date format, date and time you have to finish off by going down to "Settings Complete" and press OK or they won't remain.

Regards Frank
For sure, but it does not hold. Have ordered a new body and battery, not a demo.