Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-08-2012, 01:39 PM   #1
Junior Member




Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Peace Country, AB
Posts: 33
K30 Date and Time resets to default

Hello, I am new and have just introduced myself in the welcome forum. I have a question about my new K30. I have reset the date and time several times. I have removed the batter and memory card and reinserted, but still no go. I defaults back to the original. Is there something I am missing in settings? I own several cameras and never had this problem. I hope it is an easy fix. Thank you, Deb

12-08-2012, 01:45 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster
Adam's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Arizona
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 40,958
QuoteOriginally posted by debkim Quote
Hello, I am new and have just introduced myself in the welcome forum. I have a question about my new K30. I have reset the date and time several times. I have removed the batter and memory card and reinserted, but still no go. I defaults back to the original. Is there something I am missing in settings? I own several cameras and never had this problem. I hope it is an easy fix. Thank you, Deb
Could be that the internal battery has run dry, though that's fairly unlikely for a camera this new...

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)



PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

12-08-2012, 01:55 PM   #3
Junior Member




Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Peace Country, AB
Posts: 33
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Could be that the internal battery has run dry, though that's fairly unlikely for a camera this new...
Hi Adam, OK, that makes sense because this was a demo model. I just got off the phone with the seller and they are ordering me a new body and will exchange when it arrives. Thanks for the tip, as that is what gave me the leverage. Deb
12-08-2012, 08:54 PM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 24
QuoteOriginally posted by debkim Quote
Hi Adam, OK, that makes sense because this was a demo model. I just got off the phone with the seller and they are ordering me a new body and will exchange when it arrives. Thanks for the tip, as that is what gave me the leverage. Deb
When you have entered the date format, date and time you have to finish off by going down to "Settings Complete" and press OK or they won't remain.

Regards Frank

12-09-2012, 04:44 PM   #5
Junior Member




Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Peace Country, AB
Posts: 33
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by fkirby41 Quote
When you have entered the date format, date and time you have to finish off by going down to "Settings Complete" and press OK or they won't remain.

Regards Frank
For sure, but it does not hold. Have ordered a new body and battery, not a demo.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
date, date and time, k-30, k-50, k30, k30 date, pentax k30, pentax k50, time
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
set time and date rpmuise Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 6 08-08-2012 03:59 AM
K-r Resets to factory default The Kurly One Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 6 01-10-2012 06:32 PM
changed date and time patrick9 Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 7 06-26-2011 05:34 AM
DPOF setting/ time and date stamp PentaxKX-2011 Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 3 01-19-2011 09:00 AM
Date & Time Resets *ist DL cooper0413 Pentax DSLR Discussion 5 11-20-2007 04:41 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:36 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top