Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-02-2013, 04:25 PM   #1
Forum Member

2 features missed in k-30 from k-r ..

i recently received my k-30 ,,, its a very different camera than my previous model k-r ,,, two features i think are missed ,,, af point selected in preview mode , second one ,, that is more important to me is two images compare in preview >>>

01-03-2013, 11:52 AM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by photoshoper Quote
i recently received my k-30 ,,, its a very different camera than my previous model k-r ,,, two features i think are missed ,,, af point selected in preview mode , second one ,, that is more important to me is two images compare in preview >>>
I'm not sure what you mean by preview mode, but the chosen AF point shows in the VF when taking the shot and it also shows up in the detailed playback mode (via the INFO button). I don't think you can look at 2 images side by side, the best I've found is the 4 image thumbnail display described on page 179 of the manual.

Also if the shots are taken consecutively, you can zoom in on one and rotate the front dial to go to the next image (and the next, etc) at the same magnification - I find that one very useful for comparisons.
01-03-2013, 12:02 PM   #3

SteveB irreplaceable comparison with two selected image in the preview, I've already mentioned it a long time ago (around here I do not remember the topic) as a major disadvantage against the K-r, the next upgrade it can be easy to allow if Pentax developers listen to the wishes of their customers
01-04-2013, 07:22 AM   #4
Veteran Member

I don't know why camera manufacturers drop nice features or other companies fail to pick up on great ideas. Example:- My 11 yr old Casio 3000EX could guide you into aligning the next image in a panorama shooting sequence by leaving an offset ghost of the previous image on one side of the screen while you lined up the next shot to fit alongside the ghost. It could also play back the panorama, scrolling automatically. I think it's only Sony who have recently cottoned on to the idea of making panoramas easier to do in-camera. A Pentax example:- The K100D would let you delete all images by double clicking the trashcan button and an OK to confirm, now I have to go through the menus.

06-15-2013, 07:26 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Just got my K-30, and it's a definite step up from my K-x! BUT, I took a couple pics and wanted to compare the images to check my focus as I regularly have done on my K-x, and... What? No image comparison?
That was the main reason I used the playback on my K-x, and it was great to have the two images to compare and then zoom them both up in the display.
I see the option for displaying 4 thumbnails, but you can't zoom those.
Anybody discover a workaround for this disappointing omission in the K-30?
06-15-2013, 08:54 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I also miss the compare feature so much so that I put my K30 card into my Kr to compare 2 images. When I first get a camera I like to compare the live view image with an identical AF image to check the focus for each lens.

Hans