Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
01-03-2013, 09:05 PM   #16

Photos: Albums
ty

This is great info, I appreciate it. I am reading the manual, but this has helped a great deal as well. Thanks.

01-03-2013, 11:00 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster

QuoteOriginally posted by CWuestefeld Quote
Well that's odd. I just took a photo of my screen, you can plainly see that it's 10x10, as with my quote from the manual.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Great replies here, making PentaxForums a super place to research buying a new Pentax much, much easier (makes sense to me).

This visual really tells me what I need to know. Though not quite what I had hoped for, it will work for what I want it to do. About 10 years ago now, I paid good money for a Minolta Dimage 7. It was light years ahead of its time in the area of pinpointing focal points when framing a shot. It had a 'red dot' indicator in the viewfinder that pinpointed the focal point ANYWHERE, and in any far corner, top, side, bottom, etc. to the exact DOT that I wanted to focus in the frame. This was really excellent because the focal emphasis would be EXACTLY where I wanted it, and the camera would cause the part of the picture not being focused on to fade in the background bokeh and it was just wonderful to use. I actually wore that camera out long ago.

To this date, I haven't run across another feature so EXACT as I had on that Dimage 7, and I've since owned the K10D, K-x, Nikon D7000, and a couple others.

If you look in the lower left corner of the above picture of the K-30 screen, you will notice the green 'crosshair' in the square box. Imagine being able to move that green crosshair ANYWHERE in the frame and have the camera focus on that EXACT SPOT, not just a grid out of a sector.

Its rather clunky, but it will work for my purposes.