Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-12-2013, 09:13 AM   #16

Photos: Gallery
softness

I think he was asking about my images. Shot them at f2.5 so some of the softness is a result of a shallow DOF . This lens is very unforgiving on the focus . Stiff focus ring and fifty year old eyes.This shot is a little bit better example. Lightened up a bit no crop.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
01-12-2013, 11:46 AM   #17

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffw Quote
I think he was asking about my images. Shot them at f2.5 so some of the softness is a result of a shallow DOF . This lens is very unforgiving on the focus . Stiff focus ring and fifty year old eyes.This shot is a little bit better example. Lightened up a bit no crop.
Yes, i was. I meant no offence. The f2.5 explains it. Im sure stopped down it would be much sharper. Theres something about the older glass that i really like and is difficult to replicate with the newer lenses.
Youre right, at 200mm on a manual lens the focus would be very unforgiving. Focus Peaking works wonderfully with the older glass but is best suited to objects that are stationary. A squirrel bouncing around may not be the best target for FP.