Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-14-2013, 11:53 AM   #1
Veteran Member

What's up with the date?!

I've had my K-30 for about a week. Like everyone else, when I got it I set the parameters like date, time, etc. A few days ago, I noticed that the year showed 2012. No problem, thought I, I'll just go and set it in the settings. So, I did. I set it to 2013, clicked OK and moved on thinking that would do the trick. But, NOPE, it refuses to be set to 2013.

Anyone else experience this? If so, how did you correct it?

01-14-2013, 01:20 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Strange one that I haven't heard of with the K-30. I've just checked mine and it's OK. Sorry I can't help.
01-14-2013, 02:13 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Well, I just had a little chinwag with Pentax support. They want me to send it in as they think it's a software malfunction. I decided to give it one more try and resolved the issue. Operator ignorance was the only problem. It's working just fine.
01-14-2013, 03:21 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gjtoth Quote
Well, I just had a little chinwag with Pentax support. They want me to send it in as they think it's a software malfunction. I decided to give it one more try and resolved the issue. Operator ignorance was the only problem. It's working just fine.
By chance had you forgotten to go through the confirmation screen to acknowledge the time change? Happened to me when I first made a time change and it didn't stick.

01-14-2013, 05:28 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by IchabodCrane Quote
By chance had you forgotten to go through the confirmation screen to acknowledge the time change? Happened to me when I first made a time change and it didn't stick.
Nope. I *assumed* I was done by hitting "OK". Not so. I had to go to the "Settings Complete" and click "OK". I was trying to make it too easy.
01-14-2013, 10:52 PM   #6

QuoteOriginally posted by gjtoth Quote
Nope. I *assumed* I was done by hitting "OK". Not so. I had to go to the "Settings Complete" and click "OK". I was trying to make it too easy.
Not the first time "user interface error" has been the problem. I like to refer to it as "dumb thumbs"... my $*&% dumb thumbs hit the wrong button. A guy at work calls it the "failure to initialize RTFL protocol" (Read The ______ Label)

Goodness knows I have my fair share!

Interesting set of ribbons BTW.
01-15-2013, 07:23 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by CP140 Quote
Not the first time "user interface error" has been the problem. I like to refer to it as "dumb thumbs"... my $*&% dumb thumbs hit the wrong button. A guy at work calls it the "failure to initialize RTFL protocol" (Read The ______ Label)

Goodness knows I have my fair share!

Interesting set of ribbons BTW.
It doesn't happen to me often, but it does happen. Being a retired systems engineer, it's pretty embarrassing when it does.

Ribbons = Desert Storm service.

01-15-2013, 07:28 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This type of stuff gets me too if a sequence deviates from the norm.
Usually OK saves and you can move on.
Why an extra Settings Complete step is needed probably makes sense to the engineer but it'll trip me up for sure.
01-15-2013, 08:20 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
This type of stuff gets me too if a sequence deviates from the norm.
Usually OK saves and you can move on.
Why an extra Settings Complete step is needed probably makes sense to the engineer but it'll trip me up for sure.
Didn't make sense to me and I *am* an engineer!
01-23-2013, 12:53 PM   #10

I had the date entry re-appear after a month of use with a charged battery. Not sure why but I'm learning that the k30 is quirky.