Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-14-2013, 11:53 AM   #1
Pentaxian
gjtoth's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA
Posts: 1,919
What's up with the date?!

I've had my K-30 for about a week. Like everyone else, when I got it I set the parameters like date, time, etc. A few days ago, I noticed that the year showed 2012. No problem, thought I, I'll just go and set it in the settings. So, I did. I set it to 2013, clicked OK and moved on thinking that would do the trick. But, NOPE, it refuses to be set to 2013.

Anyone else experience this? If so, how did you correct it?

01-14-2013, 01:20 PM   #2
Veteran Member




Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: U.K.
Posts: 685
Strange one that I haven't heard of with the K-30. I've just checked mine and it's OK. Sorry I can't help.
01-14-2013, 02:13 PM   #3
Pentaxian
gjtoth's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA
Posts: 1,919
Original Poster
Well, I just had a little chinwag with Pentax support. They want me to send it in as they think it's a software malfunction. I decided to give it one more try and resolved the issue. Operator ignorance was the only problem. It's working just fine.
01-14-2013, 03:21 PM   #4
Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2012
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,728
QuoteOriginally posted by gjtoth Quote
Well, I just had a little chinwag with Pentax support. They want me to send it in as they think it's a software malfunction. I decided to give it one more try and resolved the issue. Operator ignorance was the only problem. It's working just fine.
By chance had you forgotten to go through the confirmation screen to acknowledge the time change? Happened to me when I first made a time change and it didn't stick.

01-14-2013, 05:28 PM   #5
Pentaxian
gjtoth's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA
Posts: 1,919
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by IchabodCrane Quote
By chance had you forgotten to go through the confirmation screen to acknowledge the time change? Happened to me when I first made a time change and it didn't stick.
Nope. I *assumed* I was done by hitting "OK". Not so. I had to go to the "Settings Complete" and click "OK". I was trying to make it too easy.
01-14-2013, 10:52 PM   #6
Senior Member
CP140's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Greater Vancouver
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 177
QuoteOriginally posted by gjtoth Quote
Nope. I *assumed* I was done by hitting "OK". Not so. I had to go to the "Settings Complete" and click "OK". I was trying to make it too easy.
Not the first time "user interface error" has been the problem. I like to refer to it as "dumb thumbs"... my $*&% dumb thumbs hit the wrong button. A guy at work calls it the "failure to initialize RTFL protocol" (Read The ______ Label)

Goodness knows I have my fair share!

Interesting set of ribbons BTW.
01-15-2013, 07:23 AM   #7
Pentaxian
gjtoth's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA
Posts: 1,919
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by CP140 Quote
Not the first time "user interface error" has been the problem. I like to refer to it as "dumb thumbs"... my $*&% dumb thumbs hit the wrong button. A guy at work calls it the "failure to initialize RTFL protocol" (Read The ______ Label)

Goodness knows I have my fair share!

Interesting set of ribbons BTW.
It doesn't happen to me often, but it does happen. Being a retired systems engineer, it's pretty embarrassing when it does.

Ribbons = Desert Storm service.
01-15-2013, 07:28 AM   #8
Veteran Member
crewl1's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 9,795
This type of stuff gets me too if a sequence deviates from the norm.
Usually OK saves and you can move on.
Why an extra Settings Complete step is needed probably makes sense to the engineer but it'll trip me up for sure.

01-15-2013, 08:20 AM   #9
Pentaxian
gjtoth's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA
Posts: 1,919
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
This type of stuff gets me too if a sequence deviates from the norm.
Usually OK saves and you can move on.
Why an extra Settings Complete step is needed probably makes sense to the engineer but it'll trip me up for sure.
Didn't make sense to me and I *am* an engineer!
01-23-2013, 12:53 PM   #10
Junior Member




Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Corvallis, OR
Posts: 43
I had the date entry re-appear after a month of use with a charged battery. Not sure why but I'm learning that the k30 is quirky.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
k-30, k-50, pentax k30, pentax k50
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
what's up with the rash of K5s in the marketplace jstick Pentax K-5 49 05-31-2012 12:00 AM
What's uP with the PPG? Tony3d Pentax K-5 9 01-02-2012 05:17 PM
So, what's up with the availability of the DA* 300/4? dhodgeh Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 13 05-11-2011 12:50 PM
What's Up With All The Sales? rparmar Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 40 11-06-2008 07:46 PM
What's up with me the last week!! vievetrick Post Your Photos! 2 06-02-2008 02:51 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:36 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top