Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-18-2013, 04:14 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Smaller AF point

It's taken me a couple of months to realise it, but the centre AF point of the K-30 is definitely smaller than my old K100D, and it's smaller than the VF centre circle marks as well, unlike my K100D. If you point the camera at a white or light grey PC screen and look through the VF, you can just make out a smaller clearer circle inside the centre marks. Mine is minisculely offset as well. This appears to be the real centre AF sensor point, but there's more to it than that. If you AF on the mouse cursor on the white PC screen, with it being a small part of this circle, you can also tell that the AF sensor is cross shaped within this circle, and you may not get any AF lock outside this cross but still within the clear circle.

This obviously doesn't matter most of the time but it may be worth knowing about when things don't work as expected.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
centre, circle, cross, k-30, k-50, k100d, marks, pc, pentax k30, pentax k50, screen, sensor, vf