Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-30-2013, 10:01 PM   #1
Inactive Account

New firmware

Software Downloads : Support & Service | PENTAX RICOH IMAGING

01-31-2013, 10:44 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Original Poster
I've installed new 1.02 version and didn't see any difference. Does anyone notice something improved?
01-31-2013, 12:22 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Changes to V1.02

Optimized contrast AF when using [HD PENTAX-DA 560mmF5.6ED AW] lens.
Improved stability for general performance.

I haven't seen any differences.

Last edited by SteveB; 01-31-2013 at 03:20 PM.
02-01-2013, 12:46 AM   #4

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hello!
I have a question, is it normal for K-30 to be unable to change aperture and shutter speed after a picture is taken?
Only when I go to "Q menu" and back these options goes live again. This happens in manual mode and other modes where shutter and aperture manually controlled.

02-01-2013, 03:01 AM   #5
Forum Member

I haven't experienced this. Maybe you should restore factory settings...
02-01-2013, 07:49 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Danas_Anis Quote
Hello!
I have a question, is it normal for K-30 to be unable to change aperture and shutter speed after a picture is taken?
Only when I go to "Q menu" and back these options goes live again. This happens in manual mode and other modes where shutter and aperture manually controlled.
There is a timeout for the viewfinder and LCD (which I never use for shutter/aperture setting) after a shot has been taken of about 5 seconds or so but I'm in the habit of half pressing the shutter briefly to bring it back to life.
02-02-2013, 03:32 AM   #7

Hello! Restoring factory defaults helped, but once I customize some features to better meet my way of doing things (that are minor changes and has nothing to do with electronic dials) it again begins to freeze the menu for adjusting aperture, shutter speed and EV. I suppose it is a bug of firmware.

SteveB, by default my k30 once picture is taken show it for one second and then come back to the main adjustment panel, I don;t even get a chance to see the picture before I put my eyes away from the ovf. so I should be able to adjust the shutter, aperture and ev as usually, but it doesn;t allow me to do this if I have some settings tweaked of the camera, but those settings should not have absolutely any effect on the e-dials and adjusting the camera. I guess I should submit a ticket to the customer support.

02-02-2013, 04:24 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Hello! Restoring factory defaults helped, but once I customize some features to better meet my way of doing things (that are minor changes and has nothing to do with electronic dials) it again begins to freeze the menu for adjusting aperture, shutter speed and EV. I suppose it is a bug of firmware.

SteveB, by default my k30 once picture is taken show it for one second and then come back to the main adjustment panel, I don;t even get a chance to see the picture before I put my eyes away from the ovf. so I should be able to adjust the shutter, aperture and ev as usually, but it doesn;t allow me to do this if I have some settings tweaked of the camera, but those settings should not have absolutely any effect on the e-dials and adjusting the camera. I guess I should submit a ticket to the customer support.
Understood. I wonder what menu option(s) cause this? I've yet to see it happen.
02-02-2013, 05:53 AM   #9

QuoteOriginally posted by SteveB Quote
Understood. I wonder what menu option(s) cause this? I've yet to see it happen.
these are the settings I changed:

custom image adjustment; dynamic range settings from auto to medium; sounds effects (reduced volume and turned off some); LCD display color changed to theme 12; AWB when using flash changed to option 2; Auto iso is set to the range between 200 - 800; Exposure bracketing set to +-1.0EV. This is it this time,

Before resetting to factory defaults and changing some stuff again, I also changed e-dial for the SV mode.

What solves the issue for me is to quickly go to the menu and than back and the controls are awake again.

So well, this time I really didn;t mess up with anything e-dial setup related.
02-02-2013, 06:15 AM   #10
Forum Member

My K30 has the original 1.0 firmware. Can I install 1.02 on top of 1.0 ?
02-02-2013, 06:43 AM   #11

QuoteOriginally posted by davidsyd Quote
My K30 has the original 1.0 firmware. Can I install 1.02 on top of 1.0 ?
Yes, go ahead but do stick to the instructions starting with a FULLY charged battery. Vs 1.02 includes vs 1.01 as well.
Good luck.
02-02-2013, 07:18 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Hello!
Not sure if this is what you are experiencing - just after taking the picture you will normally get a preview of the image. If you turn the rear dial while the preview is still shown it will zoom the preview image rather than changing the aperture. It will also prolong the display of the preview image.
A half press of the shutter or turning the front dial will get it out of this state. If you don;t take your eye off the view finder after a shot this will not be that obvious. It happened to me many times before I realised what was happening.

If this is what is happening to and you find it annoying you can set the preview time shorter or to no preview at all from the setup menu.

oops sorry - I see this has already been dealt with - hadn't read through all the posts before replying.

Last edited by lister6520; 02-02-2013 at 07:21 AM. Reason: Hadn't read through all the posts to see this was already addressed.
02-02-2013, 08:13 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Check out the High ISO NR menu. I think there are many more options, including a customized profile by ISO, than I recall being available before. Anyone else think this has substantially changed from prior firmware versions?
02-02-2013, 08:35 AM   #14
Veteran Member

The LCD adjustment screen and/or the VF info line depending on whether you have the LCD on or off, do tend to vanish a bit quick mostly (assume preview is off) after a shot. Sometimes it hangs around longer, I had it hang around quite a while after a bracketed trio were shot for some reason. Briefly touching the shutter button brings it back. It would be nice to have a time-out adjustment available but you get used to it the way it is. I can't stand the LCD screen being on during shooting myself so have it turned off and leave my eye at the VF for adjustments if needed between shots where perhaps it's more natural to press the shutter to get the info line back if it vanishes.
02-03-2013, 12:05 PM   #15

About firmware 1.02

Hello to all!!!
First of all I want to thank all pentaxians for the information held in this forum.
For a noob like me it is very helpfull..

My problem is this: I have a K-30 and at this very moment I am installing the new firmware 1.02. For the last 2 hours I have the "NOW LOADING" message on my screen!!!!!

Is it normal that updating takes so much time?
I read that if a problem occurs during updating, my K-30 will not work at all.

Please someone assures me that everything is OK

Thank you in advance