Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-15-2013, 06:20 AM   #16
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by altopiet Quote
I'm sure they had a reason for removing it, most probably because it was not reliable... Perhaps they decided to put it in the k5II again because of dissatisfied users, not that it is more reliable now; or they ironed out the problems and reintroduced it in the K5II. However I would not let the lack of that particular feature stop me from enjoying a very good camera
With practice I found it very reliable. Most likely... they removed it to encourage us to buy-up to the K5II.

02-15-2013, 06:28 AM   #17
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by loco Quote
I understand your frustration about losing a feature you liked. I do agree the f/22 and blue sky shot is much more accurate. Yes, it's harder to check that "in the field" but it's also not likely you're going to be able to do anything about a dirty sensor in the field either.
Depends. If it's a spot, no... nothing much on that until you get back to the motel. If it's particularly stubborn dust, mirror up, turn it over and let the Rocket Blower do it's thing. The removal system doesn't always get dust off or sometimes moves it around.

If it is dirty and not dusty... head to somewhere where I can clean it... why would I keep shooting for a day(s) with a known dirty sensor? Actually... if I have a gripe with DA, it is that it shows dust very well when checked properly but some smears/stains can get by.
02-15-2013, 08:18 AM   #18
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by 62mm Quote
Depends. If it's a spot, no... nothing much on that until you get back to the motel. If it's particularly stubborn dust, mirror up, turn it over and let the Rocket Blower do it's thing. The removal system doesn't always get dust off or sometimes moves it around.

If it is dirty and not dusty... head to somewhere where I can clean it... why would I keep shooting for a day(s) with a known dirty sensor? Actually... if I have a gripe with DA, it is that it shows dust very well when checked properly but some smears/stains can get by.
Well, you could check for dust before you go out shooting. Maybe the day before. Then, you have plenty of time to take care of any dust in a safe environment. It's not likely you are going to accumulate a sensor full of dust from simply changing lenses a couple times. One or two spots are usually easily cloned out. I wouldn't want to stop shooting to go clean a sensor.