Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-14-2013, 11:46 AM   #1

Fast action shot....Low kight

Can anyone tell me the lens that I will need to buy for the K30,that allows me to take fast action shots in a low light area ?
Also, does this same lens allow for macro ability ?
The macro is not that important, but when I was deciding on a camera, one guy from Jessops told me if I was using the Canon 1100d, that I'd need to buy a 50mm lens to suit my needs. The upside to buying a new lens on top of a new camera, was it would also take very good portrait photos too.
Is this true for the K30 too ?
Many thanks :-)

02-14-2013, 11:49 AM   #2
Pentaxian

A prime will suit your needs better that the kit zoom. Which one to get would be determined by how close you will be working. You should consider the 35mm 2.4 and the 50mm 1.8 -- both really good lenses at a really good price.
02-14-2013, 11:57 AM   #3

Original Poster
Thank you, would you mind explaining what each one would do and their rough cost please ? Would they be wr or not ? And can you be any more specific , can you recommend a named product here ? If so, then that'd be great, if not would you mind messaging me ? I'd prefer to see the answer here for other novices like myself so I and they can use this as a reference. Thank you again :-)
02-14-2013, 12:01 PM   #4
Pentaxian

I was referring to the Pentax DA lenses.

As to the rest of your questions--I'm not about to give a short course on photography here. These forums are searchable, and google is your friend. This post from yesterday will give you a good start. https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/general-photography-industry/215282-pentax-doing-right.html

02-14-2013, 12:05 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Didn't mean to sound snarky above -- briefly, the closer you work, the shorter the focal length. 35mm would be good indoors, normal room -- the 50mm would be better outdoors or indoors large room.

But I would encourage you to research for further information--there's lots available.
02-14-2013, 12:10 PM   #6

Original Poster
It did read a bit short, but I totally understand and thank you for the brief description, that's all I needed to know. I'll read the posting from yesterday too, thank you for adding the link :-)