Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-17-2013, 03:02 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
Sensor cleaning services in London, UK

Hi everyone

Recently acquired a Pentax K-30 - my first DSLR and have been trying to change lenses as carefully as possible to avoid dust but last night I tried to change one outside for the first time and as soon as I had done so, I noticed that there were marks appearing in images on the top left. I checked and cleaned the lens but it was fine, so then swapped back to see if the lens was at fault but the mark was appearing with the other lens too. Ran the dust cleaning function a few times which has improved it a bit but there are still a couple of irritating little marks that appear in some images (seems to depend what I shoot as to how noticeable it is). I guess I am probably going to have to get the sensor cleaned. I know that some people do it themselves but there is no way I want to attempt this, even if I had the right kit. I just wouldn't trust myself to do it right. Could anyone tell me how you go about getting a sensor professionally cleaned in the London area, and how much it costs?

Thanks!

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
change, dust, images, k-30, k-50, lens, london, marks, pentax k30, pentax k50, sensor