Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-20-2013, 07:54 AM   #1

A sad day as the K30 goes back...

Yes indeed, a sad day as the blue K30 cw 18-135WR lens goes back the PR company that lent it me for a fortnight!

I write for a Land Rover mag and one of my jobs is to review products, and that's why I had the K30. It produced some fantastic photos, especially whilst on a Welsh beach taking photos of a new Defender 90 when we both got sodden with rain and sleet!

My problem now is that I was saving up for a K5IIs, but I think I've fallen for its cheaper sibling! What should I do???

02-20-2013, 08:00 AM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Counselling is your only hope. When we are faced with these crisis in life, often, the situation is eased if we turn to outside help to lift the burden off our shoulders. The help of a trusted other to explore and help you understand your innermost needs and wants can be of great benefit. A member of the local clergy, a crisis counsellor, or anyone trained in therapeutic social work would be a good bet. Don't let this eat away at you until it starts to affect your performance at work, your family relations etc. Act sooner rather than later. Before family and friends have been affected by your indecision and brooding demeanour.

Hope that helps...
02-20-2013, 08:06 AM   #3
Emperor and Senpai
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
You must get them both, and then the K3s when it come out in April.
02-20-2013, 08:09 AM   #4

Original Poster
Hahahahaha... yeah, my real job is a counsellor!

Right that's it, I'm off now to sit in a darkened room for some self reflection!

02-20-2013, 08:11 AM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
You must get them both, and then the K3s when it come out in April.
There's gonna be a K3s? That info passed me by. Oh no, that's another decision. Nurse? NURSE??
02-20-2013, 08:13 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Damian.T Quote
There's gonna be a K3s? That info passed me by. Oh no, that's another decision. Nurse? NURSE??
And a digital film system to convert your old film SLRs too.
02-20-2013, 08:32 AM   #7

Jump Damian jump, and get it in silky green to match your Land Rover.

02-20-2013, 08:33 AM   #8
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Damian.T Quote
Hahahahaha... yeah, my real job is a counsellor!

Right that's it, I'm off now to sit in a darkened room for some self reflection!
Be and sure and consider, if you're Brit (or East Indian) , the K-5 is from a higher "class" of cameras, and it will reflect better on your family. If you are an American, the K-5 II costs more and will help establish you as a person of wealth, a dilettante who can do what he pleases, and for whom money is no object. ( Americans admire that sort of person.). There is much more to consider than just "if it get's the job done."

02-20-2013, 08:51 AM   #9

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Be and sure and consider, if you're Brit (or East Indian) , the K-5 is from a higher "class" of cameras, and it will reflect better on your family. If you are an American, the K-5 II costs more and will help establish you as a person of wealth, a dilettante who can do what he pleases, and for whom money is no object. ( Americans admire that sort of person.). There is much more to consider than just "if it get's the job done."

Ummm, a camera snob I am not, a Brit though I am.

Although I generally go for the best I can afford, I will freely admit to initially discounting the 'cheaper' K30 because, well, it can't be as good as a K5IIs, can it? Really?

But now that you've made me aware that the purchase of a K5 will reflect better on my family and promote me to a more superior level amongst men (and women), I may now have to sell the car and an internal organ and order a 645. Damn it!

02-20-2013, 09:07 AM   #10

Which Welsh beach?
02-20-2013, 09:17 AM   #11

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by saint_david Quote
Which Welsh beach?
Black Rock Sands, Porthmadog.

Are you local?
02-20-2013, 09:22 AM   #12

I'm from South Wales near the coast, but not that part. Do we get to see the photos you took?!
02-20-2013, 09:27 AM   #13
Pentaxian

I'm from South Wales near the coast, but not that part. Do we get to see the photos you took?!
I was wondering that too.
02-20-2013, 09:38 AM   #14

Original Poster
..Do we get to see the photos you took?!
Oh ok, I'll have to join one of those photo bucket things first and work out how to!
02-20-2013, 09:48 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
you could probably get a lens with the money saved from getting a k30 instead of a k5iis.