Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-15-2014, 08:06 AM   #76

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Lanparte have a product that is almost there...

#2. The solution I am looking for is 95% solved -- see this product for example by Lanparte, who market something quite close to my ideal solution but only for Canon and Nikon cameras -- lanparte portable battery for camera.

Sadly, the Lanparte manufacturers do not market a Pentax-compatible dummy battery, the PB600 product seems a bit underpowered to me coz 10,000mHa should be the minimum, and the PB600 product cannot be dual purposed to charge other devices. Its close though.

Attached Images

Last edited by Pewter; 05-15-2014 at 08:13 AM.
05-15-2014, 10:23 AM   #77

Proposed 9hr Still/Video portable battery power solution for K30, K50, Kr, K2

Following up on my previous posts below, think I can now put together a workable solution using reasonably priced off-the-shelf components than can be replaced easily enough in case lost or damaged and you would still enjoy service/warranty unlike a DIY project. It would come in three parts (not counting your camera) as follows:

1 -- DC Coupler for Pentax ie. a dummy battery with power input cable
2 -- Flexible power cable for connecting the DC Coupler to your external power supply. Usually you can buy an AC power plug, cable connecter and DC coupler as a kit/bundle. Although I am interested mainly in unplugged portable power & the AC plug would come in very handily when working indoors for example your home studio
3 -- And finally your portable rechargable external powerpack with switchable 9 to 6 volts output plus USB sockets for charging your mobile devices

And how this would work is you plug part 1 into your K-30 battery compartment, leaving the power input cable dangling through the special sealed slot purposely left by Pentax, connect the far end of Part 2 to your battery cable and connect the near end to the power supply outputs of your portable powerpack part 3.

B&H kit sold here -- Pentax K-AC128 AC Adapter Kit for K-30 Digital Cameras 38823 B&H

A flexible power supply cable on Amazon by Lanparte Amazon.com: New Lanparte LP-E8 Camera Power Coupler DC Dummy Battery Pack For 550D 600D 650D: Computers & Accessories

The EZOPower Black 3 -Port kit on Amazon here Amazon.com: EZOPower Black 3 -Port Ultra High-capacity Portable External Rechargable Backup Battery Pack -10000mAh (2A/2A) for iPhone, iPod, iPad, MP3 Players, Tablet, GPS, DV Recorders, Mobile Phone, Android Phone, Cell Phone, Blackberry, HTC, Samsu

DISCLOSURE:
I've linked to commonly available online suppliers including B&H but this is not necessarily an endorsement nor a promise of best available prices and service YMMV.
I've not tried the combo myself (yet) so it is unproven. I will try and update my post later, interested to hear if anyone else tries this they should let us know how that worked for them.
I've freely provided here what I do know and shared at no cost. If you're not interested in DIY I would not mind selling you a kit put together myself
Based upon the DC Coupler supplier warranties, this solution should work equally well for Pentax K-30, K-50, Kr and K2 DSLR camera bodies.
05-19-2014, 12:25 PM   #78
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Pewter Quote
The EZOPower Black 3 -Port kit on Amazon here Amazon.com: EZOPower Black 3 -Port Ultra High-capacity Portable External Rechargable Backup Battery Pack -10000mAh (2A/2A) for iPhone, iPod, iPad, MP3 Players, Tablet, GPS, DV Recorders, Mobile Phone, Android Phone, Cell Phone, Blackberry, HTC, Samsu
useless for Your application thing. do not try it.
it is a 5V out battery (for 1 cell Li-Ion device charging, cellphones ets.)
attached AC adapter will kill Your camera for sure

battery and charger may help - http://www.ebay.com/itm/4400mAh-8-4V-Rechargeable-Li-ion-Battery-Pack-for-Bi...item25826ffb93
even bigger, but You need loooooong time to charge it.
BUT - DOES NOT USE charger as power supply - it quiet sure will kill camera. it is not power supply - it is a charger.

Last edited by pentajazzz; 05-19-2014 at 12:40 PM.
05-20-2014, 10:13 AM   #79

QuoteOriginally posted by pentajazzz Quote
useless for Your application thing. do not try it.
it is a 5V out battery (for 1 cell Li-Ion device charging, cellphones ets.)
attached AC adapter will kill Your camera for sure

I applaud your caution, take your advice seriously and am certain you are the most skillful modder here. Nonetheless the EZOPower Black 3 -Port kit device is NOT a 5V output else it could not power various Canon and Nikon models shooting video for hours as seen in real-life settings here -- www.youtube.com => Increase Your DSLR Camera Battery Life To 9 Hours! // Chris Winter but you decide.

PentaJazz you separately advised using 8.4V (as opposed to 9V, because that would be closest to replicating an actual battery pack). Then do you think I could adapt this Lanparte product to the K-30 for purposes of 6hr extended battery life?
-- lanparte portable battery for camera
-- http://www.lanparte.com/d/file/Products/two/2012-09-03/a2d2e3f906f2af002f1a3c330a3584e5.pdf
-- http://hz01.i.aliimg.com/img/pb/431/184/516/516184431_819.jpg

05-20-2014, 10:35 AM   #80
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Pewter Quote
Nonetheless the EZOPower Black 3 -Port kit device is NOT a 5V output else it could not power various Canon
oh, nice to know...

-- lanparte portable battery for camera
Yes, You can to use it.
it is 2cell Li-Ion pack (7.4 V nominal it is mean fully charged 8.4V, it is Ok)
just new battery adapter needed. try to by some cheap D-Li90 (6-7 USD), carefully disassemble it and reconnect instead of original adapter.

Last edited by pentajazzz; 05-20-2014 at 10:43 AM.