Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-27-2013, 07:24 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K-30 Program Line Setting?

I just took a look at the K-30 manual, and didn't see that this was available.

On the K-5, you can change the program line in the menu for depth of field priority, shutter speed priority, MTF, etc. Does the K-30 have this feature/function?

02-27-2013, 12:02 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Can't say I've ever seen it.
02-27-2013, 12:50 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SteveB Quote
Can't say I've ever seen it.
Thanks - just needed to double check. This is a function that the K-r and K-x did not have - was curious to know if they implemented it for the K-30.
02-27-2013, 01:32 PM   #4
Pentaxian

No, the K30 doesn't, one of the first features I looked for (I have a K5 too) Mind you I tend to stick with TAv mode.

02-27-2013, 02:06 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by StephenHampshire Quote
No, the K30 doesn't, one of the first features I looked for (I have a K5 too) Mind you I tend to stick with TAv mode.
After thinking more about this, it kind of makes sense especially when I wrote myself that the K-r and K-x didn't have this. What the K-r, K-x and K-30 do have is the scene modes. The K-5 doesn't not have scene modes, but has the program shift mode available in the menu instead.

All makes sense now!
02-27-2013, 02:12 PM   #6

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
I just took a look at the K-30 manual, and didn't see that this was available.

On the K-5, you can change the program line in the menu for depth of field priority, shutter speed priority, MTF, etc. Does the K-30 have this feature/function?
can you not adjust P line to one of the cogs using E-Dial programming option?
05-04-2014, 05:04 AM   #7
Moo

A little necro perhaps, but might as well use an existing topic rather than starting a new one for the same thing...

Unfortunately, there's no way to change between program lines on the K30 (even by changing dial settings). The question is, which line is it using? What I mean is, if I took a camera which did have the program line setting, what would it need to be set to to result in the same exposure calculation used by the K30?
My guess would be either "normal" or MTF in "regular" modes (P, Av, etc). In scene modes, or the automatically-selected "modes" in Auto, it may use other lines though, presumably preferring high shutter speed for moving objects and small aperture for macro...