Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-07-2013, 01:36 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
if you buy the ipad sd card holder you can transfer images straight to your ipad from your card .

it does not matter if you shoot raw or not .

i shoot raw dng which transfer fine, very fast , ideal to show a client or to review on the shoot.

03-07-2013, 10:40 AM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by adwb Quote
if you buy the ipad sd card holder you can transfer images straight to your ipad from your card .

i shoot raw dng which transfer fine, very fast , ideal to show a client or to review on the shoot.
But the wifi cards do it as you are shooting. Which is even better.
03-08-2013, 04:32 AM   #18
Veteran Member

The latest Eye-fi cards are class 10. I have a couple 4GB Eye-fi cards I used them both with my K-M and my K30 They work great. Very fast when you're into it. I often leave my phone in my pocket shooting hockey games and at the end of the period all the pictures are there so I can review during intermission.

Fantastic product.

Support is great as well. Had some weird behaviour with my card when I first got it, they sent me another one (all the way in Korea even though I bought it in Canada) and when it displayed the same behaviour (on my K-M) they told me to keep both. After I formatted them on my W90 which has eye-fi support (no idea why the K-30 doesn't) they both seemed to function fine.
08-14-2013, 07:28 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by adwb Quote

Does the SD card reader for the ipad allow you to delete photos from the SD card? I'm new to this and most of my photos are bad so I'd like to review and delete them instead of filling up the card.

I'm shooting RAW+ right now. Is there any worry that deleting photos will corrupt the file structure on the SD card?

08-14-2013, 07:46 PM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There are two Eye-Fi cards, the Prox2 which can transfer jpeg and/or RAW; and the Mobi, which can only transfer jpeg. Both are Class 10 and both come in 8Gb and 16Gb.

Both cards can bypass the Eye-Fi cloud account and transfer directly to your device (or with the Prox2 to laptop) using a WiFi network, or can set up a private Wi-Fi connection Profile on the mobile device for the transfer; The Prox2 is the more robust card but setup is more complex. It works better with a laptop and works with your home or business Wi-Fi.

The Mobi with the app installed for iOS or Android tranfers jpeg's to a separate folder in Camera so finding files and uploading them to social media is very easy.

I have one of each. My wife uses the Mobi most of the time since she uses a Q and posts many of her photos to her blog. She manually transfers her files to her laptop the old way - card in slot. I use the x2 card when on vacation or for a family outing when I just want to transfer my files quick and dirty when I get home. If I'm taking a serious walk I use a traditional card instead.

If I'm taking a really serious walk I take a film camera.

Last edited by monochrome; 08-14-2013 at 07:52 PM.
08-22-2013, 04:39 AM - 1 Like   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Newtophotos Quote
Does the SD card reader for the ipad allow you to delete photos from the SD card? I'm new to this and most of my photos are bad so I'd like to review and delete them instead of filling up the card.

I'm shooting RAW+ right now. Is there any worry that deleting photos will corrupt the file structure on the SD card?
I have the genric sd card reader- was about $10 from amazon
You can delete from the iPad but I never have. I wait until I get to my laptop and import the images into Lightroom, then format the card in the camera.
08-23-2013, 09:09 PM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by PBandJ Quote
I have the genric sd card reader- was about $10 from amazon
You can delete from the iPad but I never have. I wait until I get to my laptop and import the images into Lightroom, then format the card in the camera.
Is that because it's easier to do or because of fears disturbing the file structure on the card? Maybe the USB connection is safer than the SD card reader for offloading photos.
08-24-2013, 12:27 AM   #23
Veteran Member

I don't think you can select which ones to delete on your card when it is in the ipad adapter the pop up menu option only offers a keep or delete choice which applies to ALL the images.

08-24-2013, 04:23 AM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Newtophotos Quote
Is that because it's easier to do or because of fears disturbing the file structure on the card? Maybe the USB connection is safer than the SD card reader for offloading photos.
I do it this way because ultimately, I want the photos on the laptop in Lightroom. When I upload to the iPad, it's usually on a long weekend vacation, and I don't have the laptop with me. And I want immediate gratification to view them and upload a few to facebook.

I don't delete because i'm a friggin packrat. I import them All on the laptop....
There have been occasions when I can go back to ones that didn't initially look so good, and I as improve my post-processing technique or use it in a different way, I am able to use.
Eg, I just made a photo book for my recently deceased cat, spanning from 1994-2012. A lot of those photos might have been considered duds by many people, but they brought back memories and were adequate, so i'm glad I had them.
Note all my photos are for my own enjoyment- nothing for sale.

Last edited by PBandJ; 08-24-2013 at 04:30 AM.
08-24-2013, 10:10 AM   #25
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by PBandJ Quote
A lot of those photos might have been considered duds by many people, but they brought back memories and were adequate, so i'm glad I had them.
+1
Also drive spaces are neither short nor expensive these days.