Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-16-2013, 02:32 AM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
There was a series in 1981, and one of my classmates, form Singpaore, said, "This series did as much to turn me off cricket and the first game I saw 9at Adelaide oval which is now spoiled) dis to turn me on." And another series in 1985 when another friend and I speculated we should ring the ACB and offer our services "becasue we could not do any worse than the players already there".

Best day of cricket I ever saw was at Adelaide, Australia v West Indies and in one day three batsmen got their highest scores to date: Dean Jones got 212, Tim May got 24 and Merv Hughes got 89. The crowd were great for Merv (as always) and were most disappointed that he did not get 100. The innings ended at 9/515dec, I think, and WI came in with 2 overs of the day left and got 0/5 or so.

03-19-2013, 10:52 AM   #17

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Vramin74 Quote
Congratulations on your first DSLR shoot. Composition, lighting, attention to detail, DOF and focus show incredible promise. Oh, and the waterfall picture is also outstanding. I have more than my share of "Studies in Blackness" shots, and the wife and I are now specializing in "The Bird That WAS There". Compositions based on the splash of diving waterfowl seem to be most prevalent. As a side note, why did you get stuck as chauffeur? As I understand it, the d.o.f. only broke ONE ankle. Surely even a manual could be managed with one working leg!
P.S. I second bdery's comments. Please shoot (and write!) more ... and share. I am seriously envious of the waterfall shot.
Apologies for not replying sooner, as my wife is still doing the long haul flights, and highly amused at my prediciment, whilst I'm preparing a number of cases for prosecution. On a side note life is now in deep turmoil as I have now been promoted from Chauffeuar to Regular Slave because th D.O.F. or Stubborn Gallic Frenchman prefers it this way (He sill hasn't forgiven me for Agincourt, the Reformation, Joan of Arc or marrying his daughter.) I do recollect marrying his daughter, however the other instances are a little vague in my memory of events of the 1980's.
I can with certanty relate to your "Bird that Was There" moments as my own limited wildlife catagory titled, "Errant Dog Refuses to Stay Put", can only be described as an utmost failiure (Why they won't let me nail it's head to the floor is beyond me!) and I may be forced to give up!
Will post soon, hopefully with some more photo's,
M.