Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-07-2013, 09:43 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Histogram display query

I got offered a v good price for my Kr and since could get a ex demo k30 for the same money I grabbed the opertunity.

apart from the odd grip which I guess I will get used to, I have found one oddity in the menu which I can't get round.

On my k5 / kr / k10 if I press the info button while in review you cycle through the various display options.

On this k30 if I press the info button I get a screen with a choice of which one I want, surely there must be a way to get this to behave like a normal pentax info display cycle?

03-07-2013, 09:52 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Try pressing the OK button. It may cycle through the different display options, but I'm not 100% sure.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

03-07-2013, 11:53 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Adam nice idea but it just turns off whichever one you selected
03-07-2013, 12:11 PM   #4
Veteran Member

It can't do it. I've been looking for 3 months!

03-07-2013, 02:41 PM   #5

All the display options are accessed throught the menu button, go to the wrench icon and display options are under #1. If that is not what you are after please clarify.
03-07-2013, 03:01 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Steven Chain Quote
All the display options are accessed throught the menu button, go to the wrench icon and display options are under #1. If that is not what you are after please clarify.
What earth are you on about? My query is perfectly clear, Adam under stood it ,and the menu options you suggest do not relate to my query.

Last edited by adwb; 03-07-2013 at 04:29 PM.
03-08-2013, 07:52 PM   #7

The functioning of the info button on the K30 is my biggest gripe about the camera. My K-01 is the same way. The 'old' way (K5 and prior models) seemed much better, and I'm not sure why Pentax would think the current method is better.
03-08-2013, 08:52 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by wildboar Quote
The functioning of the info button on the K30 is my biggest gripe about the camera. My K-01 is the same way. The 'old' way (K5 and prior models) seemed much better, and I'm not sure why Pentax would think the current method is better.
The "new" way is better if you want the same screen to come up each time you hit the review button. If you select the histogram display (via the Info button) then it becomes the persistent option until changed. This way you only need to hit the review button to get the histogram for all subsequent shots. The Info button doesn't need to be pushed unless you then want to switch to one of the other display options. Whatever screen you exit the review from becomes the new default.

Some may like this better, some may like it worse... but there is a logic to it.

Last edited by IchabodCrane; 03-08-2013 at 09:12 PM.
03-09-2013, 02:23 AM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by IchabodCrane Quote
The "new" way is better if you want the same screen to come up each time you hit the review button. If you select the histogram display (via the Info button) then it becomes the persistent option until changed. This way you only need to hit the review button to get the histogram for all subsequent shots. The Info button doesn't need to be pushed unless you then want to switch to one of the other display options. Whatever screen you exit the review from becomes the new default.

Some may like this better, some may like it worse... but there is a logic to it.
They could combine the 2, then it would be perfect. i.e. leave it as it is but add being able to cycle through the different screens with each INFO press and remember that type of screen throughout power cycles.
03-09-2013, 04:15 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
it now turns out that apart from the info button change debacle,

the pop up flash has been completely re-designed so the Aotec wireless pttl sender does not fit.

and the only software to allow tethered shooting also cannot be made to work by the programmer he says there is some major firmware change but he has a update for the newest k5 models.

It's a pity that when reviews are undertaken that this sort of thing is not discovered especially here on the Pentax forum reviews .

Quite frankly I would have kept my K-r if I had reaslised the pop up and tethered issues existed.
03-09-2013, 10:01 AM   #11

QuoteOriginally posted by IchabodCrane Quote

Ichabod, on the K5 the histogram setting was persistent once it was set. That hasn't changed. The method for changing the view to something different is what has changed, and it is now more complicated (two buttons as opposed to a single button).