Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-08-2013, 11:31 AM   #16

Photos: Gallery
Wow. well, that's annoying. In my version of Capture One (4.8.3) it has ICC profiles for most Pentax cameras through the K7. I don't know if i'd actually be able to shoot with it though. and I think Cap1 is up to 7 now.

but i'm not even worried about full tethering at this point (although it should be a built in feature. It is 2013). I would at least like to preview on a monitor, if possible.

03-08-2013, 11:54 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Whiskey Foto Quote
Well I just rooted it, and I'm going to install CM10.

Not sure if it supports that. I'll find out!
Make sure it has a 3.x kernel with it. I imagine you will be fine but that is something to look for. None of the original 2.x kernels supported USB hosting.
03-11-2013, 12:13 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Just wanted to say that I have now joined the ranks of Android tablet Pentax shooters. I picked up a cheapy used ASUS Transformer (tf101) with dock this past weekend for some travelling this summer. I settled for this because I was going to originally get a tablet + a USB keyboard, but decided that the transformer was a more elegant solution.

The keyboard dock has a built in SD card slot. So does my big laptop. I don't think I could do with a computing device that does not have an SD card slot.

This thread + several other recent threads on the forums about tablets were quite helpful in informing me so I could make the plunge.

I'm quite familiar with Android because I've had two other Android smartphones and an older tablet (the very first 7" Galaxy Tab), and so far it seems like I can skip all the learning, so hopefully I'll do some playing around with camera specific apps etc. this coming week and maybe add something here or perhaps start some general tablet discussion thread somewhere.
09-01-2016, 03:37 AM   #19

QuoteOriginally posted by JimJohnson Quote
Directly connect the camera? I haven't seen that. Many tablets will allow you to plug in your SD card and preview the jpeg images ... My Nexus 7 doesn't have a SD slot, but supports USB-OTG. With a US$3 cable adapter and a US$3 app, I can plug in almost any USB based storage device and preview jpeg files.

Hey which app do you use?