Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-26-2013, 02:05 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by crossmr Quote
I've had the -- twice in the last 3 months, both times while using a tamron lens.
Never had any trouble with my K-M
Mine happened with my DA55-300 which has been on my K-30 most of the time... I'll give my DA L50-200 a try and see if it might be the lens causing the problem...

03-30-2013, 07:30 PM   #17

Photos: Gallery
I agree the K-30 turns on faster than it wakes up from its sleep cycle.
03-30-2013, 11:38 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Just had this happen again today. Inside at a birthday party. None of the items were showing -- but it wouldn't focus on a half press and it wouldn't fire even after I switched it to manual. I had to turn it off and on again.
I can't see how the lens contacts would be dirty as it was firing before just fine, and fired after that just fine and the lens wasn't adjusted or changed in at least 2-3 weeks.
03-31-2013, 02:58 AM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by crossmr Quote
Just had this happen again today. Inside at a birthday party. None of the items were showing -- but it wouldn't focus on a half press and it wouldn't fire even after I switched it to manual. I had to turn it off and on again.
I can't see how the lens contacts would be dirty as it was firing before just fine, and fired after that just fine and the lens wasn't adjusted or changed in at least 2-3 weeks.
It happened like that few times with my K30, and everytime it did, the battery sight showed only a little depleted, but when I replaced with a fully charged one, the camera came back to normal.

03-31-2013, 07:45 AM   #20
Forum Member

I am new to Pentax K-30 and have come to love it quickly. I bought the camera new last month and then added a used 16-45mm f/4 lens for the 24mm FOV and constant aperture. The combo was perfect until I upgraded to v1.03 yesterday. I have gotten the frozen shutter bug 4 times since updating (never saw it before). The shutter speed is blank on the LCD and in the viewfinder during this time. I have managed to clear it by switching modes and/or changing AF modes on 2 occasions, but I have not been able to establish a clear sequence to get it to work again (other than turning the camera off and back on).

I will search on here before posting (but can't resist mentioning it), but what is up with dedicated flash units? I am on my second flash, a AF360FGZ. Bounce doesn't work and dont even make the mistake of trying to use flash with auto-iso left on. I though it was a defective flash and sent one back. Now the second is just as goofy. Works okay in manual mode at least, so I ordered a stofen omnibounce since I can't figure out bounce.

I swear I didn't come in here to bash Pentax, just a bit of "new guy trying to adapt" whining. I love the K-30 so much that I just found and bought a Pentax 28mm f/2.8 prime. Can't stand waiting on it to get here.

Lee
04-03-2013, 11:28 PM   #21

New firmware available, v1.04. Hopefully this fixes the issues
04-12-2013, 04:30 PM   #22
Forum Member

Thanks!

QuoteOriginally posted by GrinMode Quote
New firmware available, v1.04. Hopefully this fixes the issues
Thank you for the tip and it appears to have completely resolved my problem! Hopefully others will have the same results.

Lee

04-12-2013, 05:10 PM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Quirky Quote
Thank you for the tip and it appears to have completely resolved my problem! Hopefully others will have the same results.

Lee
I'm upgrading today and going out to shoot but I'm not sure how I'll know if it's fixed the problem. Maybe after 3 or 4 months I can say for sure. In the 3 months I've had the camera it's only happened about 3 times, really randomly.
04-13-2013, 05:53 PM   #24

The shutting off problem seems to have been solved with V1.04.
I don't know how long I had the problem and which version caused it but it became apparent when I was trying to shoot a still life.
04-14-2013, 03:14 AM   #25

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DuncanP Quote
The shutting off problem seems to have been solved with V1.04.
I don't know how long I had the problem and which version caused it but it became apparent when I was trying to shoot a still life.
I kind of wondered all along if it was a firmware issue. I'll update to 1.4 and will be able to determine in a few days, if the problem is still there. I am expecting the issue to be solved, though.
04-21-2013, 03:33 AM   #26

Original Poster
After a few days of testing, it appears that the new 1.04 version of the firmware has solved the frozen shutter problem.