Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-13-2013, 10:25 AM   #1

Colors filtering in

It seems that, recently, different colors of the K30 seem to be popping up on the Bay and with some other sellers at reasonable prices. I've come across the red and green K30s in the last few days.The sellers all claim the cameras are new in box, and they may very well be.

Some of the sellers are on Amazon and there are mixed reviews.

Perhaps in the not so distant future, some other colors may be sold by Pentax in North America through licensed vendors.

03-13-2013, 10:40 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I would suspect those were purchased out of country and either shipped in as personal goods or carried in by the seller. Not that that is wrong exactly especially if you want the colors, but I wonder how the warranty will work.
03-13-2013, 04:39 PM   #3

Photos: Albums
I just received the crystal red K-30 body, which I bought off of a seller on eBay. While the add did say "new, never opened" the box had been opened to remove the kit lens which was originally packaged in the box. So... not exactly "new, never opened" it turns out. The body itself does seem new though, as far as I can tell. Suppose I just have to hope I never have to find out what kind of warranty I have. For ~$550, I'm still pretty happy.