Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-01-2013, 04:53 AM   #1

K30 and Raw Converters

After using a K200D for years with Paint Shop Pro X2, i just bought a K30, which PSP X4 (the latest) doesn't support. I downloaded the trial of Silkypix Studio Developer 5 since that does work with K30 RAW files, but...where PSP X2 lets me import the pictures directly from the camera, I can't find how to bring the photos from the K30 into Silkypix (the supplied version of Silkypix is still in its wrapper). Apparently, DxO Optics also doesn't import from the camera, and my computer doesn't meet Lightroom requirements, the only other RAW options I can think of.

Admittedly, I'm brutally useless working with computers other than reading email and manipulating PSPX2. Can anyone give me a clue on importing the K30 RAW images...please?

04-01-2013, 05:21 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery
A possible work around

I had the same problem with PSP many releases ago. My solution should still work. (In your case find a friend who is very competent with computers) Using the K5 as the base, because it has the same sensor. Use a search program to find the K5 entry in PSP dll's. It is usually in only one. Take a copy of the dll and store it away safely. Using an hex editor find the K5 entry it is usually in something call a 'string'. All the other camera's will be listed in similar strings. OVERWITE, do not add to the file the characters 30 over what should be a 5 and a '00'. Save the changes. Try it out. If it does not work, put back the original copy.
04-01-2013, 07:43 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks! I will ask a friend that I always lean on for computer related things to guide me through this.