Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-02-2013, 10:37 PM   #1

Prospective K-30 buyer from India - questions regarding International warranty

Hi there! This is my first post in this forum and i've generally found it informative while researching Pentax DSLRs. I live in India and as you all might be aware, Pentax has zero presence here.

I intend to purchase the K-30 + 18-135mm Lens Kit and Amazon US has a good deal on the same. But it seems that the warranty is restricted to the US only. It would be a shame if i bought the camera without a warranty (given Pentax's famous mirror flop problem). So from where does one get the camera with International warranty?

I would really appreciate if you "Pentaxians" could refer online stores in the US (i have friends there) or elsewhere that provide international service warranty. Without the warranty, i'd be forced to consider purchasing the Canon T4i locally.

Help!

04-03-2013, 12:23 AM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter

Even if you did get an international warranty, where would you get it serviced in India? Pentax does not have an authorised service network here.
04-03-2013, 09:08 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Not sure how it works in India, but I imported my camera from Hong Kong, and it came with a 3-yr Mack Warranty. However, we do have a local Pentax distributor (not that they bother much with Pentax, but yeah), so there appears to be some sort of service network.

B
04-07-2013, 11:00 AM   #4

Original Poster
bhairavp - Sure that's a known fact! i have no problems with sending it to the US or Singapore for servicing in case i face any troubles. But how do the other India Pentax owners get theirs serviced? Curious.