Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
04-07-2013, 05:59 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Can someone give me a link of the firmware for v1.02? I would want to improve my stock version. Thank you

04-12-2013, 06:19 PM   #17

Photos: Albums
Hi, I've downloaded the latest version to my sd (formated), followed instructions from the web but I don't see the downloaded file. Is it that I have to download the first firmware and install it, then the other ones? I can see the file when i download it on the sd card on windows explorer but when i open it from the camera it just disappears... What am I doing wrong??
04-12-2013, 06:31 PM   #18

QuoteOriginally posted by cynthiaspiers Quote
Hi, I've downloaded the latest version to my sd (formated), followed instructions from the web but I don't see the downloaded file. Is it that I have to download the first firmware and install it, then the other ones? I can see the file when i download it on the sd card on windows explorer but when i open it from the camera it just disappears... What am I doing wrong??
The file needs to be extracted (unzipped) and the file added to the root directory of the SD card. You won't see the file with the camera. Just go to the menu and firmware update and press OK . .
04-12-2013, 06:32 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
It should work fine if you download the file to your desktop, then extract the .bin file by clicking on the downloaded file. Drag and drop the .bin
file to your SD card. SD card should be out of the camera and in a card reader internal or external). Make sure to drop the .bin file in the root of the card, not in the DCIM folder. Let us know how you get along.

04-12-2013, 07:30 PM   #20

I canīt do it... This is what I got... sorry itīs in spanish but I dont see "extract" on the menu... Heres is a print screen...
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/members/54394-cynthiaspiers/albums/6263-s...ture58698.html
04-12-2013, 08:04 PM   #21

I unzipped it... ok... let me get it clear... I have the file extracted on my sd. Do I have to insert the sd on my camera? or in the computer? Sorry to ask but I speak spanish and g confused...
04-12-2013, 08:13 PM   #22

I unzipped it... ok... let me get it clear... I have the file extracted on my sd. Do I have to insert the sd on my camera? or in the computer? Sorry to ask but I speak spanish and g confused...
The file that you need in the root directory is fwdc215b.bin which you should have gotten by unzipping/extracting the file you downloaded from Pentax site. Copy this to the root directory of the SD card. When you look at the SD card w/Windows explorer you should see that file and a folder labeled DCIM if you formatted the SD card in your camera, or nothing else if it is a blank SD card.. Put the SD in your camera go to the menu and page four of tools and to firmware. Press OK on firmware select update and press OK again. The update will load and the camera shuts itself off when finished, Turn the camera on and go back to firmware in the camera menu and you should see version 1.04

04-12-2013, 08:19 PM   #23

itīs loading!!!!!!!!!!!!! yupiiiiiii!!!!!!!
04-12-2013, 08:19 PM   #24

itīs loading!!!!!!!!!!!!! yupiiiiiii!!!!!!!
Great. Glad I could help!

Bob
04-12-2013, 08:20 PM   #25

QuoteOriginally posted by bcorson Quote
The file that you need in the root directory is fwdc215b.bin which you should have gotten by unzipping/extracting the file you downloaded from Pentax site. Copy this to the root directory of the SD card. When you look at the SD card w/Windows explorer you should see that file and a folder labeled DCIM if you formatted the SD card in your camera, or nothing else if it is a blank SD card.. Put the SD in your camera go to the menu and page four of tools and to firmware. Press OK on firmware select update and press OK again. The update will load and the camera shuts itself off when finished, Turn the camera on and go back to firmware in the camera menu and you should see version 1.04
Success!!!! Thank you!!!!!!!!!
04-12-2013, 08:22 PM - 1 Like   #26

Success!!!! Thank you!!!!!!!!!
You are most welcome. Glad it worked. I was about to go off to bed but checked and saw your message . . .glad I did. Happy shooting!

I am off to be now.

Bob
04-12-2013, 09:28 PM   #27

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by wed7 Quote
Can someone give me a link of the firmware for v1.02? I would want to improve my stock version. Thank you
Send me an e-mail adress via PM and I'll send you the firmware file.
Cheers!
04-13-2013, 06:46 AM   #28
Pentaxian

pm sent, thank you
04-13-2013, 12:17 PM   #29

D/L uptate 1.04 to computer desktop.... icon there ... what to do next .... d/l into plugged in camera... right??? cant seem to d/l into camera,, because; everytime I plug camera into the computer cord and turn camera on w/or w/o pressing the menu button the monitor stays black.... no image at all!!! I then turn camera off UNPLUG turn camera on The monitor and camera work.... really weird!!! battery charged, blank formatted 4KB card [temp] waiting for new smaller cards . anyone have this issue w/ blank screen only when plugged into computer??? help!!!!!!!! I cant d/l update without a screen
04-13-2013, 03:28 PM   #30
Veteran Member

If you haven't got a card reader to put the BIN file onto the card without involving the camera (my usual method), then you should be able to just plug the USB lead into the camera and use Windows Explorer to treat the card as a drive and copy the file over to it.