Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-04-2013, 01:37 PM   #1
Forum Member

Mirror sticking

Hi all, i need some help. My k30s mirror got stuck the other day, the mirror was up but the shutter was still down. It fixed its self after i removed and reinserted the battery and i thought that was the en, But tonight while out taking some landscapes the mirror got stuck again and it taken longer to fix itself . Has anyone else had this problem? Or do I send it in to get it fixed under warranty. Any ideas would be great fully acepted

04-04-2013, 02:28 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hello. Are you using the newest firmware? And are you using the genuine Pentax battery? Maybe charge it up and then leave it alone overnight before inserting it back in. Also, make sure the battery and lens mount contacts are all clean.
Also, make sure you aren't using a timer or bulb mode by accident. Sometimes I forget to turn off my 2 sec timer and then get surprised when the camera doesn't take the shot when I want it to.