Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-10-2013, 06:33 AM   #31

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Thanks everyone

I checked out local Costco store which had none and online had batteries but the charger they was not the 4 separate channel one so I took a pass. The local camera store had a charger that had two separate channels but not for . . . again took a pass. I did just order MQRO6 with a set of four Eneloop 2000mAh batteries on Ebay for $29.99. Couldn't find the Australian Ebay shop you mentioned Jim Johnston so opted for a well rated Ebay seller out of China. Likely looking at the better part of three weeks before it gets here but I can make do until then no problem . . . not scheduled for any away time until early June so can make do with the one battery while around here.

Once again folks thanks for all the helpful input. Will try to remember to let you know how they work out for me.

Bob

05-07-2013, 12:00 PM   #32

Original Poster
So I finally got the MQRO6W today. First one set was not the right one. Anyway, how do you remove the European plug to get the NA plug exposed. I expected it to pull straight off but pulling on it doesn't get it off. Can't find any info on how it comes off and don't want to break anything
05-07-2013, 12:09 PM   #33
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by bcorson Quote
So I finally got the MQRO6W today. First one set was not the right one. Anyway, how do you remove the European plug to get the NA plug exposed. I expected it to pull straight off but pulling on it doesn't get it off. Can't find any info on how it comes off and don't want to break anything
At the top of the 220v plug there is a little wedge of plastic. Remove this wedge and then the 200v adapter can be unclipped from the charger exposing the North American style 120v plug. The North American 120v plug can then be folded into the body of the charger for easier transport.
05-07-2013, 12:22 PM   #34

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JimJohnson Quote
At the top of the 220v plug there is a little wedge of plastic. Remove this wedge and then the 200v adapter can be unclipped from the charger exposing the North American style 120v plug. The North American 120v plug can then be folded into the body of the charger for easier transport.
OKay I must be blind or dumb or something as I don't see a wedge of plastic that looks like it wants to be removed. Do you know of a picture where it might show this?

05-07-2013, 12:36 PM   #35
Site Supporter

just made one with my cell phone - fast but fuzzy. Sorry

#1- pull out the plug at this location. Pitch it in the trash.
#2- push this spring loaded tab in toward the charger as shown by the hard to see triangle.
#3- while the tab is pushed in, pull the EU style plug up a bit to unlock it.
#4- slide the EU plug off of the NA style plug.
Attached Images

05-07-2013, 01:17 PM   #36

Original Poster
just made one with my cell phone - fast but fuzzy. Sorry

#1- pull out the plug at this location. Pitch it in the trash.
#2- push this spring loaded tab in toward the charger as shown by the hard to see triangle.
#3- while the tab is pushed in, pull the EU style plug up a bit to unlock it.
#4- slide the EU plug off of the NA style plug.
Thanks for that. Got the plug out but I can't get that spring loaded tab no matter how hard I push. Gonna rest my finger. At least I know what I need to do. How did you know what to do? That plug looked like part of the moulded pieces and was flush with surrounding part so really had to dig at it to get it out.
05-07-2013, 01:19 PM   #37

Original Poster
OK Jim got it off. Thanks so very much for taking the time to do that picture. Now I can chrage some batteries!

Thanks again,

Bob
05-07-2013, 03:37 PM   #38
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bcorson Quote
Thanks for that. Got the plug out but I can't get that spring loaded tab no matter how hard I push. Gonna rest my finger. At least I know what I need to do. How did you know what to do? That plug looked like part of the moulded pieces and was flush with surrounding part so really had to dig at it to get it out.
You have perhaps heard of a Chinese Puzzle Box? This is the Korean equivalent. Glad you got it to work. ...hang on to that adapter should you ever plan to travel to Europe or South America!

05-07-2013, 04:41 PM   #39

Original Poster
You have perhaps heard of a Chinese Puzzle Box? This is the Korean equivalent. Glad you got it to work. ...hang on to that adapter should you ever plan to travel to Europe or South America!
I will certainly hang on to it. And thanks again for the help. Had been able to find nothing on how to remove it. You'd think they would have something in the instructions.

Bob
05-07-2013, 05:11 PM   #40
Site Supporter

The only instructions I received were in Korean. Maybe they did have something in there.
In all fairness however, this charger is not marketed within North America. On that basis, folks elsewhere probably don't even try to remove the adapter.
05-07-2013, 05:31 PM   #41

Original Poster
The only instructions I received were in Korean. Maybe they did have something in there.
In all fairness however, this charger is not marketed within North America. On that basis, folks elsewhere probably don't even try to remove the adapter.
I have a English set of instruction sheet I downloaded from somewhere but nothing about removing the European adapter.