Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-21-2013, 07:47 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Shake Reduction Function

Hi guys.
I wonder if you'll help me to understand if i have problem with Shake Reduction Function on my K-30.

The SR is turned on. In Live View mode the green hand displayed on LCD monitor and when i move camera slightly up/down or lt/rt while pressing shutter release button i hear some rattling noise that indicates the working SR function ( i assume) and green had stays unchanged.

Now i turned off the Live View mode. The status screen displays green hand with ON on the bottom and in view finder SR indicator is off. I'm pressing shutter button half way, camera focusing on object and green hand appears in view finder and on status screen. I move camera slightly up/down or lt/rt while continuing pressing shutter release button half way and green hand is turning off in view finder and the status screen displays green hand with ON on the bottom, but most important point is i don't hear the rattling noise. I also do not hear the rattling when i try to push shutter button all way down and try to move camera to imitate a camera motion during exposure.

So, my question is do i have defective SR in non Live View mode?

Cheers

04-21-2013, 07:52 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If LV is off, the SR mechanism only operates during the actual exposure.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-22-2013, 06:52 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
If LV is off, the SR mechanism only operates during the actual exposure.
If this how SR works then why the green hand is turning off with camera motion before exposure.
04-22-2013, 06:57 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pavpen Quote
If this how SR works then why the green hand is turning off with camera motion before exposure.
If your light meter shuts off, I belive the SR icon does too, but I'm not 100% sure on that. What I do know is that the SR system is armed when the icon appears in the VF, which essentially means that it has been centered and is ready for use. It does not start compensating for camera shake until the actual exposure (what would be the point of stabilizing a sensor that isn't being used?)

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: