Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-28-2013, 12:13 AM   #1

Arca-swiss quick plate for K30

Hi guys,
Most Arca-swiss compatible tripods come with a generic quick release plate. I'm sure this would be fine, however is there a K30 specific Arca-swiss style quick release plate out there somewhere and if so what is the model number and where can you purchase it please?
I'm in the process of working out which carbon travel tripod I want as per one of my other threads.
Thanks.

04-28-2013, 02:04 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Here are a few. I have a Arcatech plate that I picked up for my K100 that fit perfectly on my old K20 and now K5. It also fits on my Q - its too large, but it still works. It has the curved lip that fits to the body. Anything with a lip will be fairly expensive. There is a flat one (no lip), that will also work that is substantially less. I would think that a K7, or K5 (which are the same body), would also work very well on a K30, especially with a provision to slide (the slot adjustment). I also have a Kirk L Bracket, that just lives full time on my K5.

04-28-2013, 05:58 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thankyou for your reply. What is the benefit of having the lip on the front vs the cheaper flat plate? I'm assuming its to avoid rotation and improve stability but interested to know.
04-28-2013, 06:18 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by WA-surfer Quote
Thankyou for your reply. What is the benefit of having the lip on the front vs the cheaper flat plate? I'm assuming its to avoid rotation and improve stability but interested to know.
Yes. No matter how tight I turn the screw, the plate almost always turns eventually.
The lip definitely prevents that. I wish all of them had that design.

Isn't it about time cameras included the little hole so that plates with the bump on them, like video cameras do?
But then, I guess you wouldn't need a different proprietary / custom-fit plate for every camera body, eh?

04-28-2013, 07:33 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by amoringello Quote
Yes. No matter how tight I turn the screw, the plate almost always turns eventually.
The lip definitely prevents that. I wish all of them had that design.

Isn't it about time cameras included the little hole so that plates with the bump on them, like video cameras do?
But then, I guess you wouldn't need a different proprietary / custom-fit plate for every camera body, eh?
great, thanks.

Anything to keep selling more of them I guess ....a bit like Apple changing their connectors every few models hey! Don't get me started ha ha