Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-13-2013, 06:36 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
K-30 White Balance... can't adjust

I'm pretty sure that right after I post this I will find the solution and then feel silly. But that being said, I'm still playing around with my new K-30, and for whatever reason, I can't figure out how to adjust the white balance. When I try to push down on the bottom button of the 4-way, I'm told, "This function is not available in the current mode."

WHAT mode? The manual says, I should try this in stand-by mode. What the heck is stand-by mode, and how do I get there? I can't find anything in the manual that says "standby mode". Also, when I have the camera in manual select-focus mode, NONE of the 4-way buttons are available, except to select the focus.

I knew everything on my old K10d so well.... I feel like I'm learning to make love to a new partner, and it's frustrating. Any tips?

05-13-2013, 06:40 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ccrookston Quote
I'm pretty sure that right after I post this I will find the solution and then feel silly. But that being said, I'm still playing around with my new K-30, and for whatever reason, I can't figure out how to adjust the white balance. When I try to push down on the bottom button of the 4-way, I'm told, "This function is not available in the current mode."

WHAT mode? The manual says, I should try this in stand-by mode. What the heck is stand-by mode, and how do I get there? I can't find anything in the manual that says "standby mode". Also, when I have the camera in manual select-focus mode, NONE of the 4-way buttons are available, except to select the focus.

I knew everything on my old K10d so well.... I feel like I'm learning to make love to a new partner, and it's frustrating. Any tips?
Your camera is probably in green mode. Put it in P mode and you'll be golden.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

05-13-2013, 06:47 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Stand-by mode which means like you just turned on the camera, the LCD displays all the infos readily for shooting like shutter speed, aperture, ISO, Capture Mode ........ ie. not in Live View. There you will see graph of the 4 way controller and OK button, top is ISO, left is flash mod, right is shooting mode, and bottom is White Balance which is where you need to push.
05-13-2013, 07:02 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Green "shooting without controlling anything" mode.

05-13-2013, 07:03 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Here is the screen where you can go to set WB
Attached Images

05-26-2013, 07:40 PM   #6
Inactive Account

You might have already figured this out but just in case.
Go To INFO -> Auto Focus Active Area.
Most probably you have SELECT option active.
Change it to 1st, 2nd or 4th option.
Make sure you ain't in AUTO mode.
I struggled a lot to find this out, hope it works for you.
Cheers to your K30...