Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-31-2013, 03:55 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Guide display

There is a checkbox for Guide Display under LCD Display, and I can't seem to figure out what it does. I've searched the manual, but it is to clear to me what it does. I'm not talking about the control under it which controls the display color. So, can someone please enlighten me?

Thanks

05-31-2013, 04:28 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Spodeworld Quote
There is a checkbox for Guide Display under LCD Display, and I can't seem to figure out what it does. I've searched the manual, but it is to clear to me what it does. I'm not talking about the control under it which controls the display color. So, can someone please enlighten me?

Thanks
If the box is unchecked you will not see the guide display, which shows you what customizable buttons are set to in each mode. If you notice when you switch modes the button functions for that mode are displayed for (I think) 3 seconds. See this in the manual on pages 162 and 81. You can download the manual in pdf, which is fully searchable. There are quite a bit of things in the manual that aren't really indexed or in the contents.
05-31-2013, 04:47 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Thanks ram.....now it makes sense!