Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-01-2013, 06:53 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Trying something new

I have had my K-30 now for almost 6 months now. This week I decided to try some of the features it has. I usually shoot TAV or M modes since the vast majority of my lenses are M lenses. I threw on my kit lens and have had a blast with it . I tried P mode and some of the settings there. I liked the B/W setting . This thing is awesome in what it can do. I came from a *ist DL. I still like the DL but it isn't seeing much use these days I am afraid.. Talk about a jump in technology. Well it's off to see what else this baby can do

06-01-2013, 07:47 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Awesome! Try some of the scene modes, too. The ones I actually sometimes use are Night scene HDR, snow & surf, and landscape. There are definitely some perks to automatic lenses. You an buy a 40mm XS super cheap and it is very sharp and fully automated
06-01-2013, 08:35 AM   #3

Photos: Albums
When you're done with that check the Cross-Processing (Custom-Image). You may start with the Random preset first to get the flavour of it. Later you may use fixed presets for the result you desire. If you particulary like what you see you may also save your own favourite Cross-Processing presets directly out of the Play-Mode. This is real fun!
06-01-2013, 08:55 AM   #4
Veteran Member

I use B&W now and then, one I like to play with on occasion is the Extract Color. (in Digital Filter section) Need to try that one on the K 30 actually, I used it a little with the K-x and it gets an interesting effect, under the right conditions. I set up my cheap microscope and tried a few shots, the red scope was the only color in the picture. Interesting effect, need to use it a little and see how the K30 handles it.

06-02-2013, 06:33 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks all for the ideas. I now have something that will keep me busy for a while