Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-12-2013, 07:47 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
My K-30 from Electronics Basket arrived today

Hooray! The FedEx van showed up today with a package and inside was my K-30!

I was somewhat skeptical buying their two lens kit. The price was very good but I was afraid that the kit would contain previously returned items or refurbished goods. Before I ordered the kit I emailed them through Amazon asking if the gear was new and factory fresh. They replied and said it was but they may have been passing on whatever information they may have gotten from someone else and they just don't know better. Everything looks clean and brand when I unboxed it. I responded with a thank you and wished them a happy week. To my surprise they responded back to thank me for wishing them well!

I took pictures of the unboxing with my Fuji and uploaded the pictures to an album here. It's my first album but I assume that anyone can get to it by clicking on the album link in my signature. The pictures were saved out of order but I think anyone can figure which one comes first.

One thing that did surprise me was that no SD card was included. Cameras always seem to come with the obligatory 1GB card that fills up in 30 seconds after 10 pictures. In defense of the product listing, there was no mention of an included SD card. Even the owner's manual makes no mention of one in the "what's inside" section. I guess it's like underwear. Just buy your own and you'll be happier that way.

-- Boris

06-12-2013, 08:18 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Point and Shoot cameras usually come with a card, but DSLRS don't.
06-13-2013, 12:44 AM   #3

I got my k30 white (body only) from them... all seems good so far... mines came with 1 shutter count.. check yours here Check Shutter Count & Camera Manufacture Date Online - EXIF Reader
06-13-2013, 04:20 AM   #4
Aux

Kits are official and are not refurbs.

06-13-2013, 07:04 AM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ej76623 Quote
I got my k30 white (body only) from them... all seems good so far... mines came with 1 shutter count.. check yours here Check Shutter Count & Camera Manufacture Date Online - EXIF Reader
What a neat resource! I have already taken a few pictures but I assume that the count in the JPEG file name should equal the shutter count. Mine is off by +6. For example, I uploaded a file called IMGP0074.JPG and that file showed a shutter count of 80.

So, did I get a used camera?

-=- Boris
06-13-2013, 07:19 AM   #6
Site Supporter

perfectly normal for a new camera to have a few clicks as they get tested before being shipped out. Although, I am rather surprised it has that few....I would have anticipated more.

Enjoy your new K30...