Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-26-2013, 06:34 AM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by kenafein Quote
Isn't the k30 supposed to have quick swap focus screens? Were they ever released? The process of swappable screens might be different than other Pentax dslrs.
The K30 screens like the K20D, K7, K5, K5II, K5IIs, Kx, Kr are all replaceable by users.

I have changed screens since the time I owned the K20D, K7, Kx, K5 and now the K30 which I will be doing so soon.

the link is Focusing Screen

or this with the split screen:
Focusing Screen

Some of us in Singapore use the above screen and you can really see the DOF on the screen.

06-26-2013, 06:52 AM   #17
Site Supporter

Original Poster
To be fair my tests were outdoors in full sunlight, and slight shade, I will have to give it a go indoors and in artificial light to see how it performs. But outside, even wide open at f1.4 I still nailed focus every time.
06-26-2013, 10:10 AM   #18
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pixelvandal Quote
Stevebrot, i would also be interested in hearing more about those.especially if it gives a similar experience to the days of the film slr still have my OM-1 and canon AE-1 lying about from my father that i occasionally use.
I have a Katz Eye screen on my K10D, though there are other vendors (focusingscreen.com and various on eBay). The screens available for Pentax dSLRs are derived from existing FF screens for Nikon and Canon that have been cut down. There are some users on this site who have bought the same screens from B&H and cut them down themself (much cheaper). The only drawback to the aftermarket screen is that spot metering may not work properly with models have a split-image rangefinder. The viewfinder may also be a little less bright than the stock screen.

Steve

(...ouch! Just noticed that focusingscreen.com raised their prices...)

(...there are several users on this site who SWEAR by the full-matte Canon S screen...)
06-26-2013, 12:17 PM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Focus confirm on my K-r is a bit fiddly (sometimes fails to show up, sometimes shows up at wrong time), but CiF is pretty great. I suggest you look into that. You can just hold the shutter button and twist the focus ring and then BAM it goes off as soon as something is in focus.