Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-26-2013, 07:12 PM - 1 Like   #1
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax camera in camouflage colour patterns

Few months ago I suggested Pentax to do something like this in the picture below use camouflage patterns. They said they'll take it into consideration Adventurers, outdoor photographers and birders would maybe go crazy after them. Even military. For larger lenses, I suggested matching camouflage sock just put it on and remove as needed.

06-26-2013, 08:42 PM   #2
PJ1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I agree. I think Pentax should bite the bullet and secure exclusive rights to Optifade if they want the serious side of the market.
06-27-2013, 08:25 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Well the light would still potentially flash off the lens front element, and if the subject is close enough to notice a matte black camera, I don't think the subject would miss a camouflage pattern.

While to me camouflage displayed anywhere but in the field has all the subtlety of a Hell's Angels motorcycle club leather jacket at a church bingo party, I'm sure my brother-in-law sees it as a fashion statement and he and folks like him would drool over such a camera finish.
06-27-2013, 10:15 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Great idea for the outdoor/adventure set.

07-04-2013, 07:48 AM   #5
Site Supporter

They could pick up Bass Pro Shop and Cabela's as retailers with these. There is a segment of the population that will buy anything in camo. This has K-50 and the new DA L WR lens written all over it.

LensCoat already makes the camo sleeves, but the only lens cover they make for Pentax is for the DA 560.
07-05-2013, 10:56 PM   #6
Site Supporter

I agree with JimJohnson that a black camera doesn't really need camouflage (except in the desert or snow, perhaps), but these sure do look good!!! I'd be tempted, that's for sure.
07-06-2013, 11:24 PM   #7

Photos: Albums
Wooo...! Okay read the post, calming down.

You almost gave me a heart attack!
07-07-2013, 01:04 AM   #8
Veteran Member

This would be nice and I'm sure a lot of sporty guys would love it but if they can do this then can I please have a K5II that isn't in basic black or ultra limited silver? That's the one thing that the K-30 has that still appeals to me over the K5II the fact that I can get one in a number of colors besides black. I don't see why the color choice thing always has to stop with the entry and mid level cams. Why can't I get a K5II in bright green or sporty red if I want one? Yes, I know it's the "serious" camera in the line, but this is 2013. I'm tired of same old same old, I'd like a professional level camera AND a more colorful option.

07-07-2013, 03:10 AM   #9
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
This would be nice and I'm sure a lot of sporty guys would love it but if they can do this then can I please have a K5II that isn't in basic black or ultra limited silver? That's the one thing that the K-30 has that still appeals to me over the K5II the fact that I can get one in a number of colors besides black. I don't see why the color choice thing always has to stop with the entry and mid level cams. Why can't I get a K5II in bright green or sporty red if I want one? Yes, I know it's the "serious" camera in the line, but this is 2013. I'm tired of same old same old, I'd like a professional level camera AND a more colorful option.
Funnily, I thought the same. I would really like the upper level bodies to be available in some colours, not just basic black.
Although I don't know how would that work with a magnesium alloy body ...
At least, a black and silver/black options to be available, at all times, that would be a HUGE step forward for all enthusiasts and advanced amateurs.
09-18-2013, 05:06 AM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
Yes, I know it's the "serious" camera in the line, but this is 2013. I'm tired of same old same old, I'd like a professional level camera AND a more colorful option.

They offer the 645d in red from memory.
09-18-2013, 05:40 AM   #11
Pentaxian

Wasn't the K-r offered in camouflage?
09-18-2013, 11:42 AM   #12
Site Supporter

brilliant idea...it matches the Pentax marketing department.

09-18-2013, 12:51 PM   #13
Pentaxian

Most animals see colors differently than humans do, so the color(s) on the camera might not be important.
FI hunters often wear bright orange colored clothes so other hunters can detect them easily, but it does not make them easier to be detected by the animals they hunt.

Some animals are complete color blind, some animals are partly color blind and don't see all colors humans see, some animals have greater color vision than humans and can see colors we cant't see. Some animals even use other senses for vision (snakes have "heat vision").

But I agree that camouflage colored cameras is great as it match Pentax outdoor image.
09-18-2013, 01:40 PM   #14
Pentaxian

I love it when Tessfully wears camouflage gear, I'll buy her one for sure...someone phone Pentax marketing and tell them, I lost their number.

Last edited by normhead; 09-18-2013 at 04:58 PM.
09-18-2013, 03:08 PM   #15
Pentaxian

Or they could produce cameras in camouflage patterns that match those of, for example, the Chinese PLA, or units of the US, Russian or various NATO military. Be an easy sell to civilians and military in those countries

BTW, I found an interesting site on the whole subject of camouflage patterns: Camopedia.org. Who would've thought.
Here's their page on the camouflage patterns just of the Russian military. Interesting diversity of patterns.