Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-13-2013, 10:29 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K30 mirror up, what is there, should it be like this?

Hello!

I am a bit paranoid since I did not memorize whether the thingy in the picture is supposed to be like this or do I have a problem there?

I was using a manual lens and all of the sudden K30 began to do some mirror flipping when in Live view, it never used to do this,

sorry for the low quality picture, it was taken with a phone,
Thanks for your time!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
LG-P760  Photo 
07-13-2013, 10:44 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I just fired a few test shots off with my K-30, and the wire you're seeing DOES appear at the height of the shot (ie, when the mirror is up), but of course it then drops right back into place again. You're basically looking at the halfway point of the process of a shot being taken in your photo there.

Before panic sets in, do yourself a favor and insert a set of brand new AA's (or if you don't have the adapter, a fully charged LiON). This could simply be a case of your battery(ies) having gone PFFT on you and the camera dying from that. Weak batteries can cause that mirrior slap, I have had it happen myself when using faulty ones.
07-13-2013, 11:48 AM   #3

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Sagitta,

thank you very much for your reply!
phew, I thought its bad and is a part of construction that got loose, but if you also are seeing this, then I am now calm

I am actually in video mode with the lens off that is why I can see it, in video mode mirror is always up.

I just wanted to see whether my manual lens is making something to the cam so it makes the mirror slaps, and noticed that wire thing,
you saved my day! So it appears to be normal condition of k30.
Thank you for your reply!
07-13-2013, 02:46 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
You'll get a lot of dust on the sensor doing this.