Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-21-2013, 08:08 AM   #1
Inactive Account

K30 Manual - Things not explained

I have had my K30 for about 6 months now and have not until recently used Live View. On doing so I noticed two bars with red indicators in the top right hand corner of the screen, one horizontal and the other vertical. I searched the Operating Manual for an explanation of what they were, without success. After a bit of experimenting I found on tilting the camera that a series of points along the bars became illuminated. Could this be connected with the Electric Level I thought. So I tried switching off the Level and lo and behold I found on entering Live View the bars were no longer there.
I feel that this is a bad omission and should have been explained in the Manual. I have also found other items not explained such as the abillity in Live View to resize the Focusing area and move its position on the screen. What are other people's views on the Manual. ?

07-21-2013, 08:36 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by boxcam78 Quote
I have had my K30 for about 6 months now and have not until recently used Live View. On doing so I noticed two bars with red indicators in the top right hand corner of the screen, one horizontal and the other vertical. I searched the Operating Manual for an explanation of what they were, without success. After a bit of experimenting I found on tilting the camera that a series of points along the bars became illuminated. Could this be connected with the Electric Level I thought. So I tried switching off the Level and lo and behold I found on entering Live View the bars were no longer there.
I feel that this is a bad omission and should have been explained in the Manual. I have also found other items not explained such as the abillity in Live View to resize the Focusing area and move its position on the screen. What are other people's views on the Manual. ?
The Live View info displays are on page 24 and the level display is referenced there (item #15).

Page 106 explains how to adjust the focus area in Live View.

Hope that helps!
07-21-2013, 11:05 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Camera manuals in general indicate where things are, not necessarily why you want to use them. All the manufacturer's manuals are that way. That is why the third party have a market - since they indicate why the functions are important and how they may be used. They also offer 1 or 2 chapters on line for free for you to sample.