Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-30-2013, 06:48 AM   #1
Junior Member




Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 32
In the spot focus mode.....

....I can not figure out a fast way how to get the back (of camera) buttons like flash/ISO/timer/White Balance to work. I mean, if you use the focus (AF active) diodes with those buttons, how to you get them to do what they were designed by default to do? The best I can figure is hitting the info button and changing the focus to AF auto (11 point) then going back to the back buttons to get those flash/ISO/timer/White Balance to work. This make sense? If someone is reading this and understands what I'm saying can they please comment? Thank you. Foto Ron in VA.

07-30-2013, 06:53 AM   #2
Junior Member




Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 43
QuoteOriginally posted by ronuser Quote
....I can not figure out a fast way how to get the back (of camera) buttons like flash/ISO/timer/White Balance to work. I mean, if you use the focus (AF active) diodes with those buttons, how to you get them to do what they were designed by default to do? The best I can figure is hitting the info button and changing the focus to AF auto (11 point) then going back to the back buttons to get those flash/ISO/timer/White Balance to work. This make sense? If someone is reading this and understands what I'm saying can they please comment? Thank you. Foto Ron in VA.
I understand what you are getting there. Unfortunately I don't have a K-30, but from what I know of, I'm pretty sure you have to go back out of select focus mode. It'd probably be a better idea of getting the settings done first then selecting the points. I could be wrong on that, but that's as far as I know.

-Steve
07-30-2013, 07:18 AM - 1 Like   #3
New Member
strahl's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2012
Photos: Albums
Posts: 9
What happens if you press the "OK" button for about a second, doesn't this toggle between the two modes?
07-30-2013, 07:20 AM   #4
Junior Member




Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 43
QuoteOriginally posted by strahl Quote
What happens if you press the "OK" button for about a second, doesn't this toggle between the two modes?
Just tried on my K-5. Didn't know that before! It works! thanks man.

-Steve

07-30-2013, 07:23 AM   #5
Junior Member




Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 32
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by strahl Quote
What happens if you press the "OK" button for about a second, doesn't this toggle between the two modes?
Yes OK this works pretty well, not sure how I missed this. Thanks!
07-30-2013, 07:28 AM   #6
Junior Member




Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 32
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by thedollarbill Quote
I understand what you are getting there. Unfortunately I don't have a K-30, but from what I know of, I'm pretty sure you have to go back out of select focus mode. It'd probably be a better idea of getting the settings done first then selecting the points. I could be wrong on that, but that's as far as I know.

-Steve
So...apparently, holding the "OK" middle button toggles back to the back button/s mode/s. Make your switch, hit OK again. It might take a little bit to get used to but it works relatively faster than changing the focus modes with the info button.
07-30-2013, 09:17 AM   #7
Veteran Member
Kendigitize's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2013
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 316
Thanks for the info. Now I can start using select mode! I was trying to figure that out too.
07-30-2013, 10:53 AM   #8
Veteran Member




Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: U.K.
Posts: 685
OK button for 1 sec or reprogram the Raw/Fx button to toggle instantly.

08-01-2013, 10:41 AM   #9
Site Supporter
JimJohnson's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Lake Superior - Michigan
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,206
QuoteOriginally posted by SteveB Quote
OK button for 1 sec or reprogram the Raw/Fx button to toggle instantly.
Yep. Whatever floats your boat. Since I always store a RAW image, I use my RAW/Fx as a depth of field preview button.

While I use the center point for focus in many of my shots with slight recomposition, select focus is great when DOF is an issue.
08-21-2013, 06:38 PM   #10
Forum Member




Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 80
Great info, but isn't it quicker & easier to just use the center-point and recompose slightly?
08-21-2013, 07:24 PM   #11
Veteran Member
Kendigitize's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2013
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 316
QuoteOriginally posted by kodai84 Quote
Great info, but isn't it quicker & easier to just use the center-point and recompose slightly?
Some times, but not if you're using a tripod with the camera fixed on the compostion you want.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
af, balance, buttons, figure, focus, k-30, k-50, pentax k30, pentax k50
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
K-x stuck in Manual Focus mode... Alizarine Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 13 12-15-2013 10:27 PM
People Another lassie joined in spot the kerrowdown Kerrowdown Post Your Photos! 6 06-17-2013 11:39 AM
Focus spot selection on K5 hoanpham Pentax K-5 11 06-16-2012 10:26 PM
Any way to hack lenses to manual focus in AutoFocus mode (like the kit lens)? skyredoubt Pentax DSLR Discussion 8 08-07-2010 10:36 AM
K10D Manual Focus in AFS Mode? simon f Pentax DSLR Discussion 2 11-21-2007 10:58 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:29 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top