Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-14-2013, 07:34 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
Changes in EXIF when repair a K30

Hi all. Plz tell me if you know.
I have a K30 and sold it in last Sunday. But to day the buyer call me and tell that there're finger print on sensor
I believe that the K30 is clean. So i doubt that guy changed my K30's sensor.
However, before sell the K30 i shotted some image with it. Now i wonder if can detect the sensor changed by compared image's EXIF?
Plz tell me!

08-14-2013, 11:37 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
the EXIF contains the information of the camera, including shutter count, manufacture date..and serial no. etc. it is the identification of the camera. If something is changed/serviced, there is a field to indicate that as well.

Also, it is common for people to think it is the sensor when they look through the viewfinder and finding hair or dirt. It is not the sensor unless it shows up in the photo.

Last edited by aleonx3; 08-14-2013 at 11:45 AM.
08-14-2013, 11:45 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by fanofcc Quote
So i doubt that guy changed my K30's sensor.
I doubt that too, but he could have opened it up and put a fingerprint on the sensor. Or it could be on the rear of his lens, did you sell him a lens too or did he already have one? Anyway, nothing in the EXIF will help you as noted. However, if you have a clean picture from just before shipping you might be able to compare that to an image he sends you now and see a difference. Or maybe not. Hard to say. If there is a fingerprint on the sensor that is really silly, who touches their camera's sensor? But it is also easily cleaned, so it should not be an issue.

How does he know there is a fingerprint on the sensor? Did he send you a picture?
08-14-2013, 12:45 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Cleaning the sensor is routine maintenance, my guess he either wants out of the deal, or put his own stupid finger in there. Tell him to get a sensor cleaning kit and fix it. That's like buying a car and complaining it's dirty. Just wash it.