Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-25-2013, 11:26 AM   #1

What should I choose: K-30 K5II or K5IIs

Welcome today dear member.

I sold my six years old K100D and i'm interesting to buy one of tree camera but i'm with this problem from 2 months. Please advise me what should I choose:
K-30 (looking for photos , many photos, compare detailed photos i very very good camera but there isn't many function and important things for example: upper lcd, some usfeful buttons on body,less Af than K5II and K5IIs,less activity in dark places and other). But this camera have beautiful colors,dynamic range.

K5II-solid body,many useful buttons, upper lcd , better af, better high iso(but i don't know exact)

K5IIs- without AA filter, sharper, more ditailed similar to K5II but my opinion it;s not to the end.

Qestion is: If K-30 have better colors then K5II and K5IIs and if K5IIs have better colors and is better from K30 and K5II to add some money.

Mike

08-25-2013, 11:53 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What are you going to use the camera for primarily? Also for $10 to $20 more than the K30, you can get a new K5.

08-25-2013, 12:34 PM   #3

Original Poster
I know that it's good camera but i can get more money to be very glad. Even 300$. It's changing mus be for some years maybe more.
K5 have some disadventages compare to other ne models. Go up-not down. That's why my opinion.
08-25-2013, 01:10 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by Michal Quote
I know that it's good camera but i can get more money to be very glad. Even 300$. It's changing mus be for some years maybe more.
K5 have some disadventages compare to other ne models. Go up-not down. That's why my opinion.
From an image quality standpoint, the K-5, K-5 IIs, K-30, and K-5 II are all "about the same", as they use the same sensor. The K-30 has slightly worse dynamic range due to not having 14-bit RAW. The K-5 IIs produces slightly sharper files under certain circumstances, but the trade-off is that it's more prone to moire artifacts.

While the K-30 is better than the K-5 in terms of live view performance, the K-5 has more external controls, a bigger buffer, and a faster continuous framerate. It would be nice if the Pentax flagship were better than the lower-end models in all aspects, but this unfortunately isn't the case at this time. You will have to choose based on what your priorities are

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-25-2013, 01:50 PM   #5

Original Poster
I'm making photos all around but like details. And like critics if it's wrong in quality and changing. Write about sensor-yes i agree but why photos made 3 models K-30 K5II and K5IIs have diffrences and even better on k-30(looking for many photos making same lenses).
Ok if i were you what you choose from 3 models: k-30 k5II or K5IIs.
When effect moire appears on K5IIs. If i make photos on 2.8-8.0(on all photos moire appears?).
If K5II and K5IIs have the same posibilities (fast AF and low light making photos)?
08-25-2013, 03:50 PM   #6
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
You will have to choose based on what your priorities are
...and that is the bottom line. If $$ vs. $$$ is not a concern, it all comes down to how you weight the various features. What I have done in the past is to make a matrix of feature vs model and assign numeric value to each feature. Fill in the blanks on your matrix and determine the sum for each model. The one with the highest score wins...or not...

Steve
08-25-2013, 04:05 PM   #7

Photos: Albums
I love, LOVE my K-5ii.

08-25-2013, 05:21 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
The K-5 series have only a couple more controls. The K-30 has a more responsive computer. The controls that are missing are generally easily available in the K-30's easy to use menus. The K-5ii and K-5iis focus better in low light. Honestly, it doesn't make that much difference. Just get whichever you find cheapest, or get the K-5iis. You are trying to choose between all good choices. Once you choose, never second guess your choice. Make a decision and be happy.