Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-20-2013, 03:33 PM   #31

Since I updated my K30 from v1.00 to 1.05 last week my front(shutterspeed) and rear (aperture) scroll buttons frequently lock up until I toggle the photo review button back and forth or restart. Everything else seems to still work but being unable to adjust those settings is ofc a showstopper.
Someone in another thread -> https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/120-general-technical-troubleshooting/236...te-1-05-a.html <- pointed out that this was more likely caused by a battery fluctuation (from a old or worn out battery(?)), idk.

I'll check the charge of my batts, I have two, one is just a year old and the other is just six months and they each only get cycled through (full to dead) maybe once a month.
Help, please.

12-25-2013, 06:46 PM   #32

QuoteOriginally posted by Iksobarg Quote
Since I updated my K30 from v1.00 to 1.05 last week my front(shutterspeed) and rear (aperture) scroll buttons frequently lock up until I toggle the photo review button back and forth or restart. Everything else seems to still work but being unable to adjust those settings is ofc a showstopper.
Someone in another thread -> https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/120-general-technical-troubleshooting/236...te-1-05-a.html <- pointed out that this was more likely caused by a battery fluctuation (from a old or worn out battery(?)), idk.

I'll check the charge of my batts, I have two, one is just a year old and the other is just six months and they each only get cycled through (full to dead) maybe once a month.
Help, please.
something similar happened to me once, it was pretty strange, all the controls including the on-off switch got locked. At least it never happened again. I'm running the 1.05v firmware
12-31-2013, 10:31 AM   #33

I'm glad I found this thread but now that I'm trying to update my K30 I'm having some trouble. My computer does not have an SD card slot. When I use the USB cable to connect the camera directly to the computer for the update, this disables the screen view so I cannot access the menu to do the update. Help? Please?
12-31-2013, 11:16 AM   #34

Hmm, I wouldn't really know how to perform the upgrade without the SD card slot....

Wish you all a great 2014!

Stefano

12-31-2013, 03:36 PM   #35
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by allexinwonderland Quote
I'm glad I found this thread but now that I'm trying to update my K30 I'm having some trouble. My computer does not have an SD card slot. When I use the USB cable to connect the camera directly to the computer for the update, this disables the screen view so I cannot access the menu to do the update. Help? Please?
Have the cable plugged in, copy the .bin file from your PC to the card's drive letter on your PC, when finished copying unplug the cable. Now use the K-30 menus to update.
12-31-2013, 03:40 PM   #36

QuoteOriginally posted by seppstefano Quote
Hmm, I wouldn't really know how to perform the upgrade without the SD card slot....

Stefano

Stefano

Buy a card reader! Those for SDHC should be relatively inexpensive; those for SDXC a bit more pricey but worth it in the long run. A small one can easly fit in your camera bag and you will not even notice the weight.
12-31-2013, 03:59 PM   #37

QuoteOriginally posted by lochness Quote

Stefano

Buy a card reader! Those for SDHC should be relatively inexpensive; those for SDXC a bit more pricey but worth it in the long run. A small one can easly fit in your camera bag and you will not even notice the weight.
It might be worth the money but not worth the time. Our laptop has a slot but is super slow. If the Pentax site says it can be done using the USB there's no reason to get extra anything that I don't want.

12-31-2013, 04:01 PM   #38

QuoteOriginally posted by SteveB Quote
Have the cable plugged in, copy the .bin file from your PC to the card's drive letter on your PC, when finished copying unplug the cable. Now use the K-30 menus to update.
Thank you. I will try this. So basically it will be installed on the card but not on the camera until I disconnect it from the computer and go through the menu update. Fabulous. Thank you very much.
12-31-2013, 04:28 PM   #39

Thanks everyone! Update complete.
12-31-2013, 05:57 PM   #40

I would recommend you to buy a cheap SDcard/usb adapter. that USB connection may scr*w things up
12-31-2013, 06:05 PM   #41

QuoteOriginally posted by Lokusart Quote
I would recommend you to buy a cheap SDcard/usb adapter. that USB connection may scr*w things up
Can you elaborate on that?
12-31-2013, 08:37 PM   #42

Can you elaborate on that?
it's a usb stick adapter for memory cards, it's very handy because it can read several types of cards
12-31-2013, 09:18 PM   #43

it's a usb stick adapter for memory cards, it's very handy because it can read several types of cards
I have one for a different type of memory card. Can you elaborate on why and how it can screw things up and what kinds of things.
12-31-2013, 09:33 PM   #44

I have one for a different type of memory card. Can you elaborate on why and how it can screw things up and what kinds of things.
I've heard about people having their cameras damaged by connecting them to the USB. It may be a one in a thousand probability or by human error, but personally I wouldn't risk
12-31-2013, 10:02 PM   #45

I've heard about people having their cameras damaged by connecting them to the USB. It may be a one in a thousand probability or by human error, but personally I wouldn't risk
Thank you for the heads up